Will a traffic violation(speeding over limit) affect my F-1 Visa application?

airwonder

My situation is complicated. I got a speeding ticket at 93mph(limit is 65 mph) when I travel to California in May. I've got NJ license. Charge level is infraction, not a misdemeanor. Didn't get arrest and no criminal charge, also no mandatory appearance. I paid the fine online and case closed. However, my F1 visa has been revoked after case closed(I didn't being notified at that time). I'm not sure if the case is the reason, but that's the only possible reason I can recall. Here my questions are, will a traffic infraction lead a such serious consequence(visa revocation)? If it is the reason, will it affect my new F1 visa application and what should I do? Since I have already got back to my hometown, I have to apply a new visa. When I was finishing the DS160 form, there is a question "Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?", should I choose yes? Is plead guilty means conviction? Even it's an infraction, not a crime.