Wife received interview letter; Not me

nice_guy_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My wife received interview letter yesterday for an appt. on 08/17. Thats good (!!) but when I called USCIS this morning about my case (we applied together and everything so far have been exactly same dates), the second level IO told me that there is a Work Order (WO) open for my interview but its inactive.

When I asked what it means he said it means it will be worked upon later when its active. He couldn't explain what turns an inactive WO into an active one. This is the first time I am hearing this WO thing. Also he didn't confirm if my name check is complete. He said he can't share that information and I should wait upto 90 days from FP date for the IL.

Any ideas whats going on? Do I need to be concerned here?

Inactive sounds like it hasn't been placed in interview queue yet since FP and background results haven't been updated into system yet. Check again next week and speak with another IO for an update.
Couples who send in application at same time are not guaranteed same time processing as every application is adjudicated separately.

I think I'm in the same boat too. My wife received her interview letter yesterday. Mine never came through. Her online status has changed as well, but mine still remains the same. From reading the forum the delay can be due to various reasons.

On average, background checks for females are quicker than those for males.

I think I'm in the same boat too. My wife received her interview letter yesterday. Mine never came through. Her online status has changed as well, but mine still remains the same. From reading the forum the delay can be due to various reasons.

Update

I called the USCIS today and the IO told me that an IL was sent out yesterday for an appointment on 08/26. Thats Good even its different than my wife's date.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words....

Waiting for the letter to arrive......

Got my interview letter

D/O : Baltimore, MD
-------------------
05/18/09 : N-400 Mailed to TX Express mail
05/19/09 : Priority Date
05/19/09 : Receipt Date
05/25/09 : Check Cashed
05/21/09 : NOA Date (I-797C)
06/05/09 : FP Notice Date
06/16/09 : FP Date (done)
06/27/09 : Interview Letter Received for Spouse
08/20/09 : Interview Date for Spouse
07/06/09 : Interview Letter Received for Self
08/26/09 : Interview Date for Self
??/??/09 : Oath Letter
??/??/09 : Oath Date

Still

I called the USCIS today and the IO told me that an IL was sent out yesterday for an appointment on 08/26. Thats Good even its different than my wife's date.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words....

Waiting for the letter to arrive......

I still didn't receive the IL, not sure why would it take so long if USCIS mailed it on 06/30? I thought USPS doesn't take more than 3
-5 days.

Anyone else in similar situation?