Wife Pregnant. Unable to file I485

chan75

Hi, Now with the Oct'11 bulletin, I am eligible to file for I-485(PD-May 21 '2007-EB2).

We(me & wife) went for GC medical examination yesterday and for my wife the doctor said that he cannot do any TB test and sign the medical record as my wife is pregnant now(7th month).

He did the test for me and I got TB test positive and I went for X-Ray.

In 2007, hoping that we will get the eligibility to file I140 and I485 concurrently, we went through the medical examination and we both got the TB test positive and we went for X-Ray and both the X-Ray results are normal.

Now what are the options available for me?

Do we both need to wait until the baby is born(December is the due date) and file I485?
or
Do I need to file my I485 now and file for my wife later after the delivery?
or
Do I need to ask the doctor to give a letter stating that he cannot do the test for my wife as she is pregnant?

Currently my wife is on her own H1B valid until Sep'2012 and we are from India.

Please share your opinions.

Thanks

Hi, Now with the Oct'11 bulletin, I am eligible to file for I-485(PD-May 21 '2007-EB2).

We(me & wife) went for GC medical examination yesterday and for my wife the doctor said that he cannot do any TB test and sign the medical record as my wife is pregnant now(7th month).

He did the test for me and I got TB test positive and I went for X-Ray.

In 2007, hoping that we will get the eligibility to file I140 and I485 concurrently, we went through the medical examination and we both got the TB test positive and we went for X-Ray and both the X-Ray results are normal.

Now what are the options available for me?

Do we both need to wait until the baby is born(December is the due date) and file I485?
or
Do I need to file my I485 now and file for my wife later after the delivery?
or
Do I need to ask the doctor to give a letter stating that he cannot do the test for my wife as she is pregnant?

Currently my wife is on her own H1B valid until Sep'2012 and we are from India.

Please share your opinions.

Thanks

Pregnancy is a natural thing, even USCIS recognizes this. Pregnancy is NOT a reason to delay filing an I-485.

Civil Surgeons have specific guidance from CDC.

SEE: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/tb-ti-faq.pdf
and
http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...uberculosis-civil-technical-instructions.html