Wife pregnant, no chest x-ray, civil surgeon did not give I-693...what to do?

hkb

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My I-140 got approved recently (EB2). Now, I am getting ready to submit I-485. I understand that it typically takes 3-4 months these days to get I-485 approved (there is no delay for my country). However, my wife (H4 status) is now 15 weeks pregnant (Due in mid october). So, we could not do her chest x-ray (her TB skin test was positive). Now, as per the new regulation, the civil surgeon did not give her the sealed I-693. I know I have three options now. I need to know what your guys think about these options.

Here's my understanding of these options:

Option # 1: We both can wait till October and submit our I-485 applications with my wife's I-693. The downside is the waiting period plus the additional time it'll take to get the approval. When it comes to immigration processing, i think the sooner and better.

Option # 2: I can submit my forms now and not submit my wife's with me. I can apply for her in October. The problem is that if mine gets approved by August, what will be her status from August till her I-485 approval?

Option # 3: We both can submit now without her I-693. We can put a letter from the Civil Surgeon that she will do her chest x-ray in October. We know that we'll get a RFE from USCIS. However, RFEs typically has a 12 week deadline. If we get the RFE in June, we still won't be able to submit her I-693 within 12 weeks because her estimated delivery date is mid october. In this case, USCIS may deny her application and we'll loose $1010 and have to file it again.

What do you guys think of this situation? Am I right about my options? What do you think I should do?

Thanks in advance for your help.