Wife pregnant, need to invite in-laws; expired H1B (have the renewed petition)

vishuonline

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife is pregnant and I am planning to invite my in-laws for a visit. I have an expired H1B visa stamp on my passport; but have the renewed petition with me.

On the greencard front, waiting for the priority date to be current for filing AOS. My quandary is, can I send visit sponsorship paperwork to my in-laws with an expired visa stamp on my passport? Has anyone face this situation before? I could not find any obvious pointers on the forums (any pointer will also be of much help and appreciated)

Technically, as far as I know, it should be fine but wanted to hear from professionals / real people with experience on this.

Many thanks,
Vishu

Thanks for your time Mr. Ghori.

For B2 visa is there no need for sending sponsorship letter? If it is self-sponsored , will the consulate usually issue multiple entry visa or a single entry? and the usual length / validity of visa?

Is this a short-cut? because if they go and god forbid the get rejected for whatever reason and at some pointer later in time and have my visa stamp renewed and try to invite them again; they will have had a rejection and things may snowball the wrong way..

Thanks

Correct, no need for sponsorship letters. Hundreds of thousands of people visit the US every year as visitors without being sponsored. For some odd reason, only applicants from certain nationalities THINK that B-2 visas need sponsorship.
The validity and number of visits allowed on the visa is the consul's discretion.
If they are rejected, they will be rejected because they failed to overcome 214(b). Whether you have a visa stamp or not is irrelevant.
For B2 visa is there no need for sending sponsorship letter? If it is self-sponsored , will the consulate usually issue multiple entry visa or a single entry? and the usual length / validity of visa?

Is this a short-cut? because if they go and god forbid the get rejected for whatever reason and at some pointer later in time and have my visa stamp renewed and try to invite them again; they will have had a rejection and things may snowball the wrong way..

Thanks

I have the same concern Ghori, but in my own case my mother has a chronic kneel injury and she is 83years old. She has tried so many doctors in my home country all to no avail. I am planning inviting her to u.s for treatment. I also plan to invite my sister to accompany her, hence she might not be able to travel alone. Kindly give your candid advice.

Thanks.
Steve

Is there a doctor in the US willing to take her case? Who is going to pay for all of this? Is this treatment only available in the US?
The above questions are what the consul may ask before issuing a visa to your mother. What citizenship does she hold?

I am planning inviting her to u.s for treatment. I also plan to invite my sister to accompany her, hence she might not be able to travel alone.

The cost,- especially of surgery, is a big issue. Elective surgery cannot be covered by emergency Medicaid ( and why should US taxpayers fund the elective surgery of a foreign national when US citizens cannot receive the care they need).

Unless you can demonstrate a vary large bank balance (think hundreds of thousands), your assertion that you can pay for medical treatment for someone that age is doubtful. Rehabilitation in a nursing facility can easily reach $10,000 or more per month (I spent $12,000/ month for my mother's care 5 years ago).