Wife case not created by NVC

Joe C

Registered Users (C)
I just found out that my wife\'s case was not created by NVC and was never sent to consulate. After researching I found that in the old version of I140--family information was needed to submitted separately. Which my stupid lawyer never submitted. We have sent the packet 3 to the consualte with DS230 for both of us. Consulate sent email to my lawyer indicating we can appear in the interview but why her name is not included will have to clarify. My lawyer told they will issue a letter. My only concern about the medical--I have not received the packet 4 yet. I don\'t know whether they will allow her to do it. Consulate said she can appear on the interview with me. Does any one came through similar issue. Please provide your suggestion.

Someone with more knowledge - please answer

I was under the impression u added ur wife
only at CP stage and there was no need at
140 stage. That is how iam doing it. Am i
mistaken ??

Had they encahed checque amount for both of you?

I am assuming that you went through St. Louis... path.
Had you sent the p3 with cheque for 2 persons?

No Title

No--I send directly to the consulate---The fees will be paid during the interview. NVC send the packet 3 to my lawyer. Then lawyer asked us to fill the DS230 for both of us and send it to the consulate. In I140 stage my lawyer indicated nothing is done regarding family members. Now consualte is asking why my wife\'s name did not come from NVC. Asked me to explain during the interview. The lawyer said he will give a letter on this. I am really upset about the whole situation. If anyone in similar situation please give suggestion.

No Title

I have the same issue in dec-2001 with chennai consulate I have send a email to consulate and they included my wife name. I have faxed them the copy of passport and marriage certificate.