Wife applying for B visa.

umaraz

Hello,
I am a permanent resident in US. I will be applying for my citizenship very soon. I am married to a girl in Pakistan. My wife lives in Pakistan with her mother who is a widow. Now I know the easiest way to get her here is to apply for N400 for myself and as soon as I become a US citizen I can file I-130 for her. But her sister is getting married in US in May. Now if she goes ahead and apply for a B visa from Pakistan, on the basis of her sisters marriage, what are the chances for her actually getting the visa when the visa officer will know that I (husband) is in US. We can provide a lot of ties for her to Pakistan but still what are the chances.

One more thing which I would like to add is that I am also a Canadian National and I have filled her case for permanent resident for Canada which is taking forever (already 13months since I applied) in Pakistan. Would it help in getting a B visa if she shows the visa officer that her intentions are to move to Canada once her visa is issued in Pakistan and not to US. She can also say that me and my husband are waiting for my Canadian visa and that is where we would like to live in the future and not US. She needs a B visa at this time to attend her sister's marriage and come back and wait for her Canadian visa. Please anyone who can help me decide what to do. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Pakistan is a high fraud post with just 27% temporary visa approval rate. Being married to a US PR will be a enough reason for a denial.
You can try for your peace of mind but you will be wasting time and money.

Her changes would be "slim to none" I am afraid. Having said that, no harm is trying her luck out.

Now if she goes ahead and apply for a B visa from Pakistan, on the basis of her sisters marriage, what are the chances for her actually getting the visa when the visa officer will know that I (husband) is in US.

That would help only after she gets her immigrant visa, moves to Canada and establishes residence there over a period of at least 6 months.

Would it help in getting a B visa if she shows the visa officer that her intentions are to move to Canada once her visa is issued in Pakistan and not to US.

I disagree. I lived in both Pakistan and Canada. Pakistani citizens who are established Canadian permanent residents have a much easier time obtaining US visit visas compared to Pakistani citizens living in Pakistan.

Getting a US visit visa in Canada is just as hard as getting from Pakistan.

I disagree. I lived in both Pakistan and Canada. Pakistani citizens who are established Canadian permanent residents have a much easier time obtaining US visit visas compared to Pakistani citizens living in Pakistan.

Exactly. Like you said "Established" means ties with history in Canada, House, Job, School etc. Those things don't happen overnight and 2 or 3 years later, sure you have a good shot at it.
In this case OP's wife wants to visit US right away and I will guarantee you this a fresh Canadian PR will have as much of a hard time getting a visa from Canada as getting it from Pakistan.
By the time a person "Establish" themselves in Canada they are getting ready to get Canadian Citizenship and then don't need a US visa anyways.

You got my point but it seems partially only. The point I am making is this. A Pakistan citizen with just six months of PR status in Canada (with a decent job, etc) will have a much brighter chance of obtaining a US visit visa than a Pakistani living in Pakistan doind the same kind of job for the last 10 years. That is the absolute truth, however harsh it may sound :)

Exactly. Like you said "Established" means ties with history in Canada, House, Job, School etc. Those things don't happen overnight and 2 or 3 years later, sure you have a good shot at it.

If your extension was denied you have until the original date given on your I-94 (the piece of paper put in your passport when you arrived). If that date has passed then it is time to go.

None. As soon as your visa expires you should leave the country that's my advice (and the law) because if you ever apply again for visa or try to enter the US, the immigration officer can and would likely deny your entry again. Too risky.