Wife And Advance Parole Problem, Need Advice

lesters101

Registered Users (C)
My Wife Was Entering Back To The U.s From Montreal And At The Customs {wich Are In The Airport Of Montreal} Gave Her A Pretty Hard Time. Reason Why Is That 3 Years Ago Before I Started My Application She Came Down To See Me With A One Way Ticket And They Send Her Back Because It Wasnt Acceptable Aslo They Found That She Had A Shoplifting Charge In Canada 12 Years Ago, So She Came Down By Car Threw The Borders With No Problem. But They Had Told Her She Can Came Back With A Two Way Ticket And A Report Of Her Shoplifting Charge So They Can Investigate. Well We Blew It Off And Now 3 Years Laterthis Happens Now They Let Her In But With A Appointement At The Miami I.n.s On Dec 31 And They Will Make The Decision Whether They Will Allow Her To Stay.
Again She Has To Present Her Charge Report From Montreal And Also In '99 She Was On Vacation With A Friend And They Were Both Caught Shoplifting And Ofcourse They Want That Report Also.
Does Anybody Know Anything About This Acn They Send Her Back For Shoplifting 5 Years Ago And 12 Years Ago? Any Advice Would Be Appreciated.

get a Lawyer

I don recall have seen anything like that posted in this site in the last two years.... my advise is that you get a reputable lawyer in the Miami are to be with you during your interview.

i dont know

once can be a mistake but twice...there are instances they have deported people for smaller crimes. Shoplifting is a serious offence ..maybe your wife needs counselling

WELL THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO AND IT WAS LIKE FOR A TWENTY DOLLAR SHIRT OR SOMETHING, ANYWAYS THER ARE MORE SERIOUS OFFENCES THAN SHOPLIFTING , OH SHE HAD PAID A FINE OF 25$. I AM THE PRIMARY APPLICANT WILL THEY TAKE ME IN ALSO? FOR QUESTIONNING I MEAN. ALSO THE PAST TWO YEARS WEVE BOUGHT A HOUSE PAY ALL SORTS OF TAXES WE GO BY THE BOOK, CAN THEYTAKE ALLTHAT AWAY? I HOPE IM OVER REACTING. BUT I GUESS WILL SEE ON THE 31st.

They won't much bother but As Primary applicant they will put some extra burdon on u, like u are sponsering her and u have to file Affidavit, may be they ask you to sign docs taking some extra responsibility.

Think in this way if primary applicant is in this situation with charge, what would be INS reaction when granting G.C?

They are granting YOU because u are qualify and eligable to join work force, and on ur behalf she would get G.C, they also won't just let her in system without having any guarantee by sponser.

All I am trying to say ur case have to do nothing with her personal act, neither they would stop u to grant G.C, becz that little mistake done and price would be paid by both of u.

Good Luck and keep us update.

We appreciate if reply is written without CAPS plz.

Last edited by a moderator: