Wierd Situation.. Help needed

jsaravana

Hi All,
My great lawyer put me in a wierd position. Please give me updates if you have any in such situation.
My company is NY based ( we have location in NJ but pay tax only to NY and company is registered in NY ) . My lawyer applied for my labor from NJ insted of filing it from NY ( he messed it up). Recently in Nov 1st week we got a query stating that our company could not be loacted in NJ ( which is right as its NY based company ) and they asked our company to send all the qtrly tax papers from the date we applied for my labor ( may 2002) till date which we did...

my question now is since we were supposed to file from NY and we did from NJ.. will they
1. reject my application
2. transfer it to NY from NJ and continue from there
3. Just accept as we have provided all the tax papers.

and if they reject is there any other option for me to reapply or do something about it, as it was my lawyers mistake..
my 7th year expires this may 2005.

any updates will be of great help.

Thanks
JS

jsaravana said:
Hi All,
My great lawyer put me in a wierd position. Please give me updates if you have any in such situation.
My company is NY based ( we have location in NJ but pay tax only to NY and company is registered in NY ) . My lawyer applied for my labor from NJ insted of filing it from NY ( he messed it up). Recently in Nov 1st week we got a query stating that our company could not be loacted in NJ ( which is right as its NY based company ) and they asked our company to send all the qtrly tax papers from the date we applied for my labor ( may 2002) till date which we did...

my question now is since we were supposed to file from NY and we did from NJ.. will they
1. reject my application
--- they can
2. transfer it to NY from NJ and continue from there
---only DOL people know
3. Just accept as we have provided all the tax papers.
--may be, may be not, you should ask all the above questions to lawyer who filed the LC
and if they reject is there any other option for me to reapply or do something about it, as it was my lawyers mistake..

my 7th year expires this may 2005.

---Before the reject or take any action file 8th year H1 extension by premium processing you can file extension 6 months advance, if 8th year gets approved then it will be valid even if LC is denied

any updates will be of great help.

Thanks
JS