Why VSC takes longer time than other centers to approve 140?

sbctsublc

Registered Users (C)
I see only VSC takes such a long time to approve I-140. Other centers are so fast, CSC is processing Jan cases now whereas VSC processes only May for EB2 and Sep for EB3 cases.
But I'm surprised to see that I-485 processing is faster in VSC than any other center. Does it mean that

1. There are less officers to handle 140 cases than 485 cases in VSC?
2. More 140 filers when compared to other centers?
3. If more 140 filers doesn't it mean that there will be more 485 filers too? In that case will the processing of 485 also be slowing down?

Just trying to understand what might be the reasons

Can you post your opinions?

Not sure if your acessment regarding 485 is true. Atleast for EB3 I have seen that the 485 queue has hardly moved in last couple of months

Question?

Is theer a separate Queue for EB1/2/3 categories for I485 too... I thought your category bears no significance once in 485?

Pl respond

dyno

Hi Dyno

No There is absolutely no EB1/2/3 categories in 485 stage, Everybody forms a single queue.

Any other opinions on 140 delay?
Are there separate officers to handle 140 cases alone?

I asked this question to Sheela Murthy who is handling our cases. I-140 and 485 cases are not important cases for INS. H1B premium H1B EAD is having highest priority. apart from this there special registrations. That is what delaying. Even concurrent caused panic about the procedure of processing i-140. This was in December 2002 I think

There is always something...

The BCIS (Bureau of Corrupt & Incompetent Services) always finds some reason or another for slowness. It used to be budget, then priority cases, then LIFE, 245i, then special registration, then war against terr0rism, then concurrent filing. All of these tasks should be business as usual for BCIS / INS, but unfortunately they are not... leading me to the enlightening & irrefutable conclusion that...

BCIS has processing delays due to delays in processing

Last edited by a moderator: