Why VSC takes longer time than other centers to approve 140

sbctsublc

Registered Users (C)
I see only VSC takes such a long time to approve I-140. Other centers are so fast, CSC is processing Jan cases now whereas VSC processes only May for EB2 and Sep for EB3 cases.
But I'm surprised to see that I-485 processing is faster in VSC than any other center. Does it mean that

1. There are less officers to handle 140 cases than 485 cases in VSC?
2. More 140 filers when compared to other centers?
3. If more 140 filers doesn't it mean that there will be more 485 filers too? In that case will the processing of 485 also be slowing down?

Just trying to understand what might be the reasons

Can you post your opinions?

Extreemly poor at resource management

For the earlier part of this year the issue was "Special Registration" and that all the resources are being diverted to handle the interviews and immigrant screening. But special registration has been over for almost two months. Still there are no signs of progress.

Then the issue of money misappropriation came up, stating that INS makes enough money (via application fees) to drastically improve its processing but most of that money is sucked out for border enforcement purposes and INS is left with pennies. Well, thats no longer the case since border enforcement is part of a seperate department and does not get any money from INS.

The only thing BCIS seems to be doing correctly is to hire the most incompetent people at all levels of the organization, but the problem is that they dont hire enough of them either. If they did, we would see some progress.

Just look at the BCIS 100-day progress report release today. It must be the joke of the century. They state:

Progress Item 1- They started online filing process (which actually only saves the filer a day at most, but has to go thru FP and photo process which is more pain in the rear than just regular paper-filing)

Progress Item 2 - Shutting down phone lines and having a 1800 numbers to reply by mail (how is this a progress?)

They are just horrible at whatever they do.

:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: