White spot in chest x-ray and positive sputum test

kdt

guys,
I know I'm posting this thread in the wrong category, but since you doctors may be able to help..
My husband is a US citizen, and filed for my IR1/CR1. At the time of my medical examination, doctors found a very small white spot on my chest x-ray and asked me to go for additional tests for TB. After the sputum test, two of the tests were negative (no TB) and one came positive. I'm 24 years of age, and have never ever had any TB related symptoms in my life. I have never been hospitalized or had fever or coughing for more than 2 days in the past. I went for a second opinion and the family physician said it was scar tissue , and I do not have TB. I am not coughing neither am I contagious. If they really want me to follow the medication dosage, I can do that after I move to the states and report back to the immigration office. I have my visa interview end of this month, and I wanted to get some help from you guys. If someone here has medical knowledge and can help/guide me on perhaps writing a letter to NVC...Thank you all in advance. God Bless!!

Sorry everyone left you hanging on this. How did everything turn out?
Unless your tests were false neg the chances of you being allowed to enter
without having completed taking the meds is null. But you never can tell. God bless and hope for the best.

Sputum tests are low yield tests, that means you need to have several tests done before you can make sure that the patient is really negative, thats why they ordered 3 sets of sputum. If you tested positive even on one that means you have active TB, you are contagious and you need to be treated. They won't even allow you to board the plane. TB treatment is usually 6 months, they may or may not get a sputum sample after the treatment is done.