Which Visa?


Registered Users (C)
Hello, can anyone give me any advice. I am here in the US with my husband (from the UK) we are on J1 and J2 visas, we still haev 2 years left of our visas. We want to stay in the US permanently and will do just about anything to do so (legally of course), my husband is training to be a commercial helicopter pilot and I am an Administration Assistant. I am willing to retrain into a different career if it helps


Registered Users (C)
need a waiver

j visas require a 2 year foreign residence requirement (come back for 2 years to your country of origin before applying to immigrate here). But of course there's a way: getting a "waiver" of that requirement. There are many ways of getting it, but the most succesful is working for a government agency which could sponsor you for this waiver and at the same time it would sponsor for your H1B visa, which is the next one you would need to get before applying for the green card. The process takes about 6 months to a year, and pretty succesful if all the criteria are met. Good Luck