• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Which line?

assanissi

Registered Users (C)
I'm preparing to enter the USA as a winner of DV-2008.
My POE will be Atlanta Airport.That's were my documents will be proccessed.
I know that they have two different lines at custom.
One for Citizens/Residents and one for Visitors.
Which one do I go to?

Normally you should take ths visitors line but many took the resident line, which worked for them.

Which one do I go to?

It will take you a minimumof 5 years to become a citizen of the US if you are of very good character so guess which queue you belong to.

Need glasses? He wrote Citizens/Residents

This is English Language not German.... read carefully and you will understand the implication of what i said.Obviously he's not an American citizen so he has to take the residents(imigrants) queue.Mind you US is an English speaking country so if you can not comprehend and make sense out of simple sentences like these i'm afraid you better forget it.Think carefully before you write ,do not write before you think.

My POE was LAX and there was a separate line for first time immigrant which was at the first line. My suggestion is that you should ask for assistant, there should be IO over there to guide people which line they should go.

.Mind you US is an English speaking country so if you can not comprehend and make sense out of simple sentences like these i'm afraid you better forget it.Think carefully before you write ,do not write before you think.

LOL.the last time i was in southern Cali, everyone spoke Spanish. I thought i somehow ended up in Tijuana, MX.:D

It will take you a minimumof 5 years to become a citizen of the US if you are of very good character so guess which queue you belong to.

I have to say I think this is a very defeatist attitude. Creating an “us and them” divide. As a green card holder you will be a permanent resident of the United states. You will have almost all the benefits of citizenship from day one. It is a great opportunity for most people to be able to go and lived there, who CARES what queue you go in! as long as you are in one! :)

Bravo I agree! Who cares about the line and the arguing as long as you have a green card!

01/MAY/2007 - Date on NL letter
01/MAY/2007- CN EUXXX248XX
30/MAY/2007 - Mailed back forms to KCC
30/JUNE/2008 - e-mailed KCC to confirm they received forms
02/JULY/2008 - KCC received forms
11/APR/2008 - Number current for June

I have to say I think this is a very defeatist attitude. Creating an “us and them” divide. As a green card holder you will be a permanent resident of the United states. You will have almost all the benefits of citizenship from day one. It is a great opportunity for most people to be able to go and lived there, who CARES what queue you go in! as long as you are in one! :)

I presume i'm misconstrued here. I did not mean to be derogatory when i made this statement.All i meant was that although he might not be a citizen at the POE he should follow the residents queue .This is bescause he's an automatic resident by virtue of the GC.I didn't mean to make any distinction between who is a resident or a citizen only for someone called Tazmania to lambast by asking a very infuriating question 'need glasses?'.We are all here to listen ,suggest and make recommendations to and for each other on this forum but anyone who would portray a sarcastic attitude would not have it easy.Peace !!!

All i meant was that although he might not be a citizen at the POE he should follow the residents queue .
Have you ever been in the US? Dont think so, otherwise you would know, citizen and residents take the same line.

Have you ever been in the US? Dont think so, otherwise you would know, citizen and residents take the same line.

YES I've lived all my life in a village near Frunkfurt in Germany and never been to USA. I guess you are very popular in America.

abeku66 rather not talk about something which you have no clue about and then take on a sarcastic tone and subsequently be surprised when people call you out on it!

Indeed there are two queues. One queue will say 'Visitors' the other queue will say 'Citizens and Residents'. I was in the visitors queue at my POE (O'Hare) and was directed by an assistant at the top of the queue to join the 'Citizens and Residents' queue. I suppose it depends on the specific airport.

Either way, once your Immigrant visa is endorsed and you re-enter the country using this or the actual I-551 card, you have to use the 'Citizens and Residents' queue.

abeku66 rather not talk about something which you have no clue about and then take on a sarcastic tone and subsequently be surprised when people call you out on it!

Indeed there are two queues. One queue will say 'Visitors' the other queue will say 'Citizens and Residents'. I was in the visitors queue at my POE (O'Hare) and was directed by an assistant at the top of the queue to join the 'Citizens and Residents' queue. I suppose it depends on the specific airport.

Either way, once your Immigrant visa is endorsed and you re-enter the country using this or the actual I-551 card, you have to use the 'Citizens and Residents' queue.

So where did i go wrong when i suggested he takes the residents queue because he is not a visitor ?

Which one do I go to?

My POE was in Atlanta in Nov 2006, The correct line to take is the Citizens/Residents. If you take the visitors line you will be directed back the Citizens/Residents. Maybe it is different in other States, but in Atlanta, this is the way it is done.

Last edited by a moderator: