Which documents are needed for PP stamping?

wait2long

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

would appreciate if someone can share information on which documents are needed for PP stamping after one has his 485 approved?

Also, if you happen to be in Seattle please share your experience of the stamping process at the local INS office.

Thanks in advance..

trying-to-be-prepard....

And a VALID Passport. I guess your passport shouldn't be expiring in the next 6 months. Can somebody confirm this?

i HAVE NO IDEA..

I am going to get my passport stamped: this is what my attorney told me I needed, YOUR case is different and your requirements might vary since you live in a different area but:
She told me to bring:
Passports
Approval Notices
and
EADs since they will cancel those...

A passport is a valid passport until the day it expires... so the 6 month deal makes no sense since you cant renew a passport 6 months before... you can carry a visa on an expired passport and it does not become expired...
She did not mention photos... do they take them there?? who knows???
Maybe it is different at my location???....

NONE of this is to be taken as legal advise!!! this is my personal experience , SO FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

" you can carry a visa on an expired passport and it does not become expired... " I am still not clear what exactly you were saying.

You defnitely need 2 ADIT style photos for stamping
just like EAD photos

Regarding the passport coment and the visa, I just mean that the Green Card Stamp on your passport would be valid even if the passport expires I think.... Since some visas stay current even if passport expire... Haven't you traveled with an old passport and a new one, the old one with the Visa???? I have...
Regarding the photos it must be that in st. louis you have the photos taken at INS... so I guess you don't need them??? who knows. as I said this thing is different for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
you need only passport , I-94 and 2 photo's for your passport stamping.
It's not necessary to give them EAD's and advance parole.
It took only for 5 minutes to get stamped ...

you need only passport , I-94 and 2 photo's for your passport stamping.
It's not necessary to give them EAD's and advance parole.
It took only for 5 minutes to get stamped ...

Givemegclord,

which local office of INS did you have PP stamped? I am in seattle and wanted to know someone had Seattle INS experience.

Thanks

I don't want to sound arrogant..but I think what you are saying is incorrect. Visa may stay current even if the passport expires Ex. Your H1 is stamped for the next three years and after 1 year your passport expires. You get a new passport and you will travel with your old visa/passport.

But I think you need to have a valid passport to stamp the green card. If your passport is expiring next week or next month etc then they will not stamp it in that Passport.

your passport

Your passport has to be valid for them to stamp it.. but I doubt it that it has to be valid for the duration of the time it takes you to get the plastic card that can take almost a year... But then I might be wrong... What you are saying is they have a rule that the passport has to be valid for at least six months for them to stamp the residence on???? Where is this written? Does it mention this on the approval notice? Or is it an unwritten rule? What will they do if you come with a passport that will expire in 5 months and 29 days? Will they deport you?

Last edited by a moderator:
You may be correct...does anybody knows this for sure?

If the passport is already expired then they may not stamp on the expired passport but if its going to expire in the next
1 or 2 months, then they should not have any problems with it.