Which box to select under "I am applying for" section on I-765?

Discussion in 'Employment Authorizations (EAD) and Advance Parole' started by nex85s, Aug 12, 2013.

  1. nex85s

    nex85s New Member

    I am applying for I-765 Employment Authorization along with my I-485 adjustment of status through marriage to a U.S. citizen. Previously, I had an Employment Authorization Card as part of my post-grad OPT.
    However, my last EAD expired about 2 months ago, and I am unsure whether I should select: I am applying for "Permission to accept employment" or "Renewal of my permission to accept employment."

    If anyone could advise on the issue, I would greatly appreciate it!
  2. newacct

    newacct Well-Known Member

    Permission to accept employment
  3. nex85s

    nex85s New Member

    Thank you, it makes sense...

Share This Page