Where will AP be mailed?

from_s

Registered Users (C)
Can someone advice based on your experience, where does NSC mail the approved AP documents? Does it get mailed to my address or employee address or attorney address?

from_s said:
Can someone advice based on your experience, where does NSC mail the approved AP documents? Does it get mailed to my address or employee address or attorney address?
Your attorneys' address

Spouse status after using EAD

I am on H1 status and my spouse holds H4 as my dependent. I applied for an EAD for myself but not for my spouse. I know that once I start using my EAD, I will lose my H1 status. Does anyone know if my wife will also lose her H4 status since she is my dependent and does not have an EAD?

mashikushi said:
I am on H1 status and my spouse holds H4 as my dependent.
I applied for an EAD for myself but not for my spouse.
I know that once I start using my EAD, I will lose my H1 status.
Does anyone know if my wife will also lose her H4 status since she is my dependent and does not have an EAD?
--------------if YOU USE EAD then you will not be on H1 status and dependents will not be on H4 status. if your wife USES EAD she will invalide her H4 status but if you dont use EAD you will be on H1 status.
you can apply EAD for you and your wife or other family members, getting EAD does not change status it is the use of EAD that invalidate the status.

many get EAD AP and dont use(with EAD your wife or other dependents can get SSN with EAD and to apply SSN with EAD is NOT use of EAD)
*** this thread was started by poster for AP not EAD

CAUSA said:
I got at home address
Mine went to my attorneys' address and they forwarded the same to me. The surprising thing was there were duplicate copies each for both me and my spouse. Did you come across same experience too or one came to you directly and one went to your attorneys? Please let us know...

osheth said:
Mine went to my attorneys' address and they forwarded the same to me. The surprising thing was there were duplicate copies each for both me and my spouse. Did you come across same experience too or one came to you directly and one went to your attorneys? Please let us know...
If AP is filed through attorney AP will come to attorney address. if filed directly it will come to your address. some service center send 2 copies of AP and in past VSC was sending 3 copies of AP.

ginnu said:
*** this thread was started by poster for AP not EAD
Thanks Ginnu. So when I use my EAD,does my wife have to have EAD in order to keep her legal status until we get our GC?

mashikushi said:
Thanks Ginnu. So when I use my EAD,does my wife have to have EAD in order to keep her legal status until we get our GC?
------------ EAD is NOT for legal status it is for WORK. if you use your EAD your wife dont need EAD to keep status, she has AOS pending status.

Does anyone know if my wife will also lose her H4 status since she is my dependent and does not have an EAD?
--------------if YOU USE EAD then you will not be on H1 status and dependents will not be on H4 status. if your wife USES EAD she will invalide her H4 status but if you dont use EAD you will be on H1 status.
you can apply EAD for you and your wife or other family members, getting EAD does not change status it is the use of EAD that invalidate the status.

many get EAD AP and dont use(with EAD your wife or other dependents can get SSN with EAD and to apply SSN with EAD is NOT use of EAD)