Where to send NORI certificates?

dheeraj212

Registered Users (C)
I hav a question abt 3 NORI certificates obtained from India (3 depts). My area jurisdiction comes under Consulate General of India Houston. I m not sure if I hav to send my NORI cert. to Houston or straight to Indian Embassy in Washington DC, bcos ultimately Houston consulate will end up sending waiver certificate to Indian Embassy for them to forward it to DoS waiver division.

I think some Indian guys in this forum have done it, any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

You have to send your NORI certificates to consulate at Houston & they will forward the necessary documents to Embassy at Washington DC. If possible, call Houston consulate up to know if you need to send anything else.

CGI HOuston website mentions Passport alongwith 3 NORI certificates, $11 fee and a stamped return envelope, whatelse could be other documents apart from what they have mentioned. I tried to call them, dropped emails but they dont reply.....I think they are too busy to do that.

I had applied to NY consulate and they said that I need to call up someone from their Education department to receive a document that needs to be signed by me. I called up was sent a form (mainly confirming that I have not taken any loan/support from Govt. of India for the present position). I am not sure if the same applies to Houston consulate or not. Just try to reach someone by phone & ask how you can contact the division that takes care of J1 waiver cases. If you don't get any response, then don't delay too much and just send your other documents.

So far, I have sent DS3035 and other supporting documents to DoS and still waiting for documents from India. I hope I'll recieve those by Jan. 5th and then I'm gonna send them to CGI Houston alongwith my passport.

Any information abt how long consulate takes to send them to Embassy in D.C.?

Also how long DoS takes to put status online abt j1 waiver? I sent my DS 3035 on 19th Dec, how long u think they wud update online status? So far, it says......''currently no information available''

I can't say abt Houston consulate but NYC took 10 days to send my documents to DC. The embassy took about 3 weeks to forward my case to DoS.
As per my experience, DoS takes abt 7-10 days to update online status.

CGI NY is not answering my emails or phones (Urgent help needed)

You have to send your NORI certificates to consulate at Houston & they will forward the necessary documents to Embassy at Washington DC. If possible, call Houston consulate up to know if you need to send anything else.

Hi,

PLease help me with the waiver process if you have already done it. CGI NY is not answering my phones or emails. I would like to drop off the form, affidavit, passport and 60$ in person and get the job done in a day. Is that possible?

Thanks!
Archita