where can I check the status for my PERM

Re: Login ID/Password for PERM

Sag4Life,

The only way you can check your status is if you are assigned a login ID and password. The way the DOL system works is that the employer sets up a main account for their use (http://www.plc.doleta.gov). Then, they can create what are called "sub-accounts" for any people they want to let have access to their system (ex., attorneys, paralegals, HR administrators, etc.) So, yes, the only way you can obtain your status through logging in is if your employer assigns you a username/password where you can check your status. If that's not an option, the only other way is to spam your employer's inbox every morning ;-)

Regards,
St4r

YES, YOU CAN find out the essential information about your PERM status, as described by attorney Ron Gotcher at immigration-information.com/forums/i-140-job-portability/7659-if-your-employer-wont-provide-you-with-info-about-your-perm.html :

Go to flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx and download the file corresponding to the year that your PERM was filed in. If it's been filed in 2005 or later, get the "Text" version, which makes search really easy.

Unzip the file.

Search for your PERM receipt number, which looks like A-xxxxx-yyyyy or C-xxxxx-yyyyy.

You'll find the essential information, including the SOC code. For example:

"C-12345-67890","PERM",1/1/2007 12:34:00,"Certified","Employer, INC.","1 GREAT AVENUE",,"SAN FRANCISCO","CA","94109",,"Data Processing, Hosting and Related Services","IT","15-1051.00","Systems Analyst","Level I",22.08,"hr",<salary>,,"yr","San Francisco","CA","<country of citizenship>","<visa_type>"