When will I get my card?

sanremo

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday I received a message that my case was approved. But I have done only Code 1 and sent my medical and G-325. I have not done my Code 3. Can I expect another letter asking to do Code 3? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Please let me know the process what will happen after I receive approval letter. Thanks a lot.

sanremo said:
Yesterday I received a message that my case was approved. But I have done only Code 1 and sent my medical and G-325. I have not done my Code 3. Can I expect another letter asking to do Code 3? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Please let me know the process what will happen after I receive approval letter. Thanks a lot.

Sanremo,
within 3/4 days you'll receive an approval mail from USCIS saying :

The above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometric processing ( photo/fingerprint/signature). Please do not take any action at this time. If you are required to report for this processing , you will receive another notice advising you of the date, time and location to appear.

If you have not received your permanent resident card or the above mentioned notice to appear for biometrics processing within 90 days. Please call this office at the number listed below.

After receiving this approval letter you can call info pass & set up an appointment date bio & that will resolve all your problem.
Funny thing is it takes long time to be approved but once that is done rest are plain & simple.
Atique.

Thanks Atique for your response. If I understood you correctly, I just can take approval letter and take it local service center and do my bio there without official bio letter? Will they do it without it by just looking at my approval letter? Any idea how much time it might take to get the official bio letter after approval letter? After it's done, how long is the wait to get actual card?
My ND is October 25 , 2004. Thanks again for your response.

sanremo said:
Thanks Atique for your response. If I understood you correctly, I just can take approval letter and take it local service center and do my bio there without official bio letter? Will they do it without it by just looking at my approval letter? Any idea how much time it might take to get the official bio letter after approval letter? After it's done, how long is the wait to get actual card?

Sanremo, as far as I know you are the first ND2004 approved. Would you mind to place your timeline as your signature? Please feel free to copy mine as a model. If you do not know how to do it, go to the main page and at the upper side click USER CP and then click Edit Signature.

sanremo said:

As I said it all takes time to get an approval but once that's been done rest is plain & simple. You don't need to wait that long to receive the actual card. You'll receive for an bio very soon but if you want, try to set an appointment through info pass after you receive your approval mail. Explain IO about your bio deal there & I bet you'll get that done pretty quick & I have seen in earlier threads it's possible you can get your GC at ASC while doing your bio.
Atique.

Sanremo, we have quite similar timeline. You give me more hope. I am confident I will be approved this month. Congratulations man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanremo,

Could you post this great news in the thread ND2004 club? Please give hope to ND2004 people.

OK, here we go again. Yeah, Cl Asylee, I truly believe you will be approved any day, if not you have already been approved as of today. Check your email in the morning. My approval email came in at 5:30 am today. Go figure?
Thanks again and GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!

sanremo said:

My case was exactly the same, see my timeline below. I went to USCIS today (2-15-06) to get BIO done, I had received an invitation 3 weeks ago. The strange thing is that they did Code 2, not 3, which I have never done. They were not able to answer my question why. I have been approved since 12-2-05.
I think you can't just schedule yourself for a BIO, but I may be wrong.

Myself - Derivative:
ND: July 20 2002
FP: Nov 2004
Medical: Received by USCIS 09-29-05
APPROVED 12-2-05!!!
BIO: 2/15/06, Code 2
GC: Waiting

My Wife - Principal:
BIO: Code 3 Done on 09-27-05
LUD: 10-03-05
APPROVED 1-10-06!!!
GC: in hand 1/14/05

inline said:
My case was exactly the same, see my timeline below. I went to USCIS today (2-15-06) to get BIO done, I had received an invitation 3 weeks ago. The strange thing is that they did Code 2, not 3, which I have never done. They were not able to answer my question why. I have been approved since 12-2-05.
I think you can't just schedule yourself for a BIO, but I may be wrong.

Myself - Derivative:
APPROVED 12-2-05!!!
BIO: 2/15/06, Code 2
GC: Waiting

My Wife - Principal:
BIO: Code 3 Done on 09-27-05
LUD: 10-03-05
APPROVED 1-10-06!!!
GC: in hand 1/14/05

When you got approved in Dec. 2005 how long took them to send you another mail to let you know that you have to do another BIO?

nasrmobin said:
When you got approved in Dec. 2005 how long took them to send you another mail to let you know that you have to do another BIO?
It took about 3 weeks to get a letter from USCIS scheduling me for a BIO.
I GOT AN EMAIL TODAY THAT MY CARD HAS BEEN ORDERED! WOW, THEY ARE FAST!

inline said:
It took about 3 weeks to get a letter from USCIS scheduling me for a BIO.
I GOT AN EMAIL TODAY THAT MY CARD HAS BEEN ORDERED! WOW, THEY ARE FAST!
I am happy thay you will get your plastic soon.
Thanks for the respond.
Do you remeber if you got an Email regarding your Bio or not,?

Thanks

nasrmobin said:
I am happy thay you will get your plastic soon.
Thanks for the respond.
Do you remeber if you got an Email regarding your Bio or not,?

Thanks
I didn't receive any email about BIO. I think USCIS doesn't send them at all, at least I didn't hear that anybody would get one. Even my LUD didn't change at the time I received the letter.
It was actually 6 weeks, not 3, before I received my BIO invitation.
Good luck!

sanremo said:
OK, here we go again. Yeah, Cl Asylee, I truly believe you will be approved any day, if not you have already been approved as of today. Check your email in the morning. My approval email came in at 5:30 am today. Go figure?
Thanks again and GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!

First of all congratulations to those who have been approved recently. Secondly can anyone help me understand why the processing dates on the INS site show (say, for Texas Service Center) that they are working on the 2001 applications? I mean your timeline shows a very fast process. I also recently got asked for RIE and will send out my medical and BIO(by that I mean Biographic Info, not fingerprints) on Monday, so if I were to roughly believe the dates on the INS site I should be expecting to get my GC in 5 years or so, but you guys seem to be getting them within a few months up to a year after sending your medicals......Anyone shed some light on this for me please?

clotty said:
First of all congratulations to those who have been approved recently. Secondly can anyone help me understand why the processing dates on the INS site show (say, for Texas Service Center) that they are working on the 2001 applications? I mean your timeline shows a very fast process. I also recently got asked for RIE and will send out my medical and BIO(by that I mean Biographic Info, not fingerprints) on Monday, so if I were to roughly believe the dates on the INS site I should be expecting to get my GC in 5 years or so, but you guys seem to be getting them within a few months up to a year after sending your medicals......Anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Clotty, I kept watching that USCIS processing time every now & than but noticing people even ND 2004 are getting approvals. Therefore I don't think USCIS really maintain that processing time as it appears.
What's your timeline?
Atique.

atique rahman said:
Clotty, I kept watching that USCIS processing time every now & than but noticing people even ND 2004 are getting approvals. Therefore I don't think USCIS really maintain that processing time as it appears.
What's your timeline?
Atique.
Atique, my timeline is basically like this: I-485 received by INS on July 2004. RIE requested on Jan 12,2006. BIO Code-3 requested around the same time. I will send the Medical report and the Biographic Info Sheet on Monday. So I am assuming by the beginning of March they should have all they need from me. Is it also normal that they requested the Biography sheet(G-325A) again eventhough I had sent it with my initial application? I guess they asked for it the second time to be more updated, right?

So anyway, after reading all these posts I will ignore the listed processing dates on the INS site and instead am crossing my fingers to be approved by this summer.