When to apply for citizenship

sbabunle

Registered Users (C)
I Got my GC ( employement) 08/20/2007. I found from the form that I can file after 5 years.
But some places say that I can file after 4 years and 9 months.

Could you guys give me some insight please?

How long the whole process take now a days?

thanks for your reply in advance.

sam.

I Got my GC ( employement) 08/20/2007. I found from the form that I can file after 5 years.
But some places say that I can file after 4 years and 9 months.

Could you guys give me some insight please?

How long the whole process take now a days?

thanks for your reply in advance.

sam.

You can file in your citizenship application 90 days before the end of your 5 yr anniversary as a Green card holder. As indicated you can file in your N-400 any time after 05/20/2012. It is best that you file in one or two weeks later than this date.

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: Jessica Potter Post

To those who are new posters on this forum, please refrain whenever posible from taking readers to other web sites that are repetitive about the same information we have here. This forum as many of you know has helped thousands of people including me in their USCIS process by providing the necessary tools and guidance from the information found within and with the help of many hundreds of volunteers that have either gone through the same process or have administrative or legal knowledge. This message is in response to a reported post of Jessica Potter.

You can file in your citizenship application 90 days before the end of your 5 yr anniversary as a Green card holder. As indicated you can file in your N-400 any time after 05/20/2012. It is best that you file in one or two weeks later than this date.