When to apply for 2nd EAD/AP ?

vijji241

Registered Users (C)
My EAD and AP expires sometime 2nd week of June '05. When it is adviceable
to apply for my 2nd EAD/AP ? Looking at the current processing speed it is taking
around 1-2 months. Also my I-485 is filed in Feb-04 and did my FingerPrints recently
may be I will hear abt my I-485 pretty soon.

Experts please shed some light on this.

/suresh

if you are from India your 485 will depend on your PD after Jan 1 2005.

as for EAD/AP look for current processing time, EAD takes less than 1 mo, AP longer a little... so I would apply 1 or 2 mo before expiration, and if they not approved till due date go get an eEAD

how to get eEAD?
if the old EAD expires and the new one has not been approved yet, can i work?
thanks.

GCG said:
if you are from India your 485 will depend on your PD after Jan 1 2005.

as for EAD/AP look for current processing time, EAD takes less than 1 mo, AP longer a little... so I would apply 1 or 2 mo before expiration, and if they not approved till due date go get an eEAD

I take my words back. not eEAD but iEAD (Interim EAD), you can get one if your EAD application is pending for more than 90 days.

so, carefully look at current processing date, but to be on a safe side apply for EAD at least 100 days prior expriration, in that case if it's not approved you may go to a local office and apply for iEAD.

Happy New Year guys and God please give us GC ASAP!

I was tired of waiting for 485 results and the risk associated with not applying for EAD 90 days prior to the expiration. I applied for renewal on 29th Dec.

My Current EAD expires APRIL