When is the best time to withdraw my pending asylum case? Before or after leaving USA?

esree2000

Hello,

Currently I am here as the pending asylum applicant (I am from Bangladesh). Now, I got a job offer in Europe and leaving soon.

Shall I withdraw my application by sending letter to USCIS before leaving USA or after? Also, any suggestions on the letter would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Hello,

Currently I am here as the pending asylum applicant (I am from Bangladesh). Now, I got a job offer in Europe and leaving soon.

Shall I withdraw my application by sending letter to USCIS before leaving USA or after? Also, any suggestions on the letter would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks!
I think once you leave the country you have shown intent to relinquish your asylum claim.
Be aware that they will never give you any type of non-immigrant visa to the US again.

Hi
You can withdraw your case before leaving US, if you didn’t do that then it will be considered as voluntary departure and you could be banned for 10 years to come back to US. Its better to send an email and a written letter to AO and keep the copies in case. Have a wonderful life ahead.