when do we have to join the employer who files gc for future employment

Hpuser

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I have a simple question.If a company files for gc for future employment meaning currently not on their H1, when do we have to join that company.Is it after getting EAD aur after I485 approval.

Thanks

Technically after GC approval, but it's a good idea to join after getting EAD.

It shows employer ability and willingness to hire the beneficiary for the offered position as well as beneficiary intention of joining the employer. And both are required during entire GC process to be successfull.

Hi usnycus

Thanks for reply. I have seen that when the current employer files for gc many people change employers after being on EAD for 6 months. What are the technical differences when gc is filed with current employer and a future employer files.

Thanks

I was always wondering why in the hell DOL can ever believe a 10-head Indian bodyshop filing RIR for a future position ;)

Hpuser
See Inline

What are the technical differences when gc is filed with current employer and a future employer files.
Technically both are same. If you are already working for the sponsering employer and they are able to pay you, you don't need additional document support.

For the cases when person will join after GC approval, one needs to convince USCIS the employer ability and employess willingness.

I have a question regarding this.

If I am working for this company and don't want to leave it at any time and file for a future GC from some other state from another company. Do I really have to join this other company when I apply for 485 or can i just stay with my current employer and just transfer my 485/gc. Is this possible??

how would this thing wor if I dont want to leave my current employer and try to get the gc done fron other state with another company.

Please let me know.
Thanks

Technically that would be considered a fraud. In practice, you can get away with murder using a good lawyer. So ... :D

So can get it transfered to my current employer after 6 months of 485 filing. I guess that could be doable.

But in that case I guess I will have to apply in the same category, same type of work, and all what I do in my current job to tranfer the case. Is that right.

Please let me know how would that work. basically what is the workaroud if dont want to leave my current emoloyer.

Thanks