when can i apply for citizenship?

garbage

Registered Users (C)
Can I apply for citizenship on or after 4 years and 9 months, or I have to wait for my 5 years to complete as a Permanent Resident. I became pr on march 2006. So, am i eligible to apply yet or do I wait for March to be eligible to apply.

I would really appreciate the help.

Thank you.

5 years minus 90 days, not 4 years and 9 months. There is a difference :)

so i can still apply after 5 years minus 90 days? I am asking this because I could not find any material that says this is still valid. Are there any references at uscis.gov?

so i can still apply after 5 years minus 90 days? I am asking this because I could not find any material that says this is still valid. Are there any references at uscis.gov?

There is no need to look for material on USCIS, Triple just confirmed it. Yes, you can apply based on 5 years minus 90 days, I just did that and have my citizenship. On my side, I applied on the basis of 3 years minus 90 days.

Can I apply for citizenship on or after 4 years and 9 months, or I have to wait for my 5 years to complete as a Permanent Resident. I became pr on march 2006. So, am i eligible to apply yet or do I wait for March to be eligible to apply.

I would really appreciate the help.

Thank you.

You can apply up to 90 days before you have obtained 5 years of continuous residence as a LPR per 8 CFR 334.2(b).

http://law.justia.com/us/cfr/title08/8-1.0.1.3.82.html#8:1.0.1.3.82.0.1.2

... if you read further in the forums, its advisable to wait another week (5 yrs -83 days) before signing your N400. Sometimes the application gets denied due to a date calculation error at USCIS - but if you want to contest that error, it'll cost you almost as much as a new N400.