What's the best way to contact NVC?

Publicus

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys:

What's the best way to contact NVC via mail:

FedEx, DHL, UPS, Post Office Overnight Express, or Post Office Priority Mail?

Thank you,

I always Fedex. They are a little more expensive, but have later hours. The Post office and UPS are cheaper, but you need to get it to them earlier in the day.

Pub,
I always sent the forms, docs via USPS certified mail to NVC. I went with Certified mail as it was the least expensive way for me to track that NVC received my mail - may be not the fastest, but definitely the cheapest. They always got it within 2 - 3 days. NVC process is pretty quick if you send everything they ask for in a timely manner.

I used to use certified mail, but now I use Priority mail (thanks to Suzy), which I think is even chipper, trackable, and as reliable as cretified mail.

Anahit,
When I asked at the Post office which is the cheapest way to track something, I was told that certified mail is cheaper. I think I used to pay .39 + 2.45 or something like that for Certified mail, while I was told Prirority mail is $4 +

Or may be, it's cost-effective to use Prirority mail if the package is larger.

jenimmi said:
Anahit,
When I asked at the Post office which is the cheapest way to track something, I was told that certified mail is cheaper. I think I used to pay .39 + 2.45 or something like that for Certified mail, while I was told Prirority mail is $4 +

Or may be, it's cost-effective to use Prirority mail if the package is larger.

You're right, Priority Mail is $4.05 Flat rate.

The advantage of Priority Mail are that:

1. You can send up to 1 lb. for only $4.05
2. Is faster, mail is delivered in 2 days within continental U.S.

Thank you all for your answers. The reason I asked this question is to avoid the problem I had when I first filed the I-130 when I used the express mail and lost much more time with CIS. As I am reading many experiences on the forums, I see that NVC is much better structured than CIS, and thus using any kind of mail is no problem for them.