What's quicker?

Bunnyta

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I would like some light from the experts here, please! :)
This is my situation. I am an USC in the process of bringing my parents to the US. In fact, they have the interview next month. I have 2 brothers still living abroad, both of them are over 21 and one is married.
My questions are: Would it be quicker to wait for my parents to come here and get their GC so they can sponsor them? Or would it be quicker if I sponsor them?
I get really confused with the dates. I know once my parents become US citizens, my brothers' preference will be upgraded, so the wait time will probably be less.
Also, would my parents be able to sponsor my brother that is married? or do we have to wait until they become US citizens?

I know, lots of questions. Please help!

Thank you so much!

Your parents cannot sponsor your married brother when they only have a GC. So the only option right now is for you to sponsor the married brother.

Based on the wait times for the different categories, it would be faster for your parents to get a GC through you and then sponsor your unmarried brother, than it would be for you to sponsor that brother directly. However, you should still file for your brother in addition to your parents doing the same, because if your brother gets married before your parents get citizenship, your parent's petition for him would be cancelled and he would be left with nothing if you didn't file for him.

Hi Bunnyta,

I don't have answer, but more question:
When you said you received email for interview, what interview is this? Isn't the I-130 already approved? Is there any chance that they will be rejected at interview time because of something?

Thanks!

Hello all,

I would like some light from the experts here, please! :)
This is my situation. I am an USC in the process of bringing my parents to the US. In fact, they have the interview next month. I have 2 brothers still living abroad, both of them are over 21 and one is married.
My questions are: Would it be quicker to wait for my parents to come here and get their GC so they can sponsor them? Or would it be quicker if I sponsor them?
I get really confused with the dates. I know once my parents become US citizens, my brothers' preference will be upgraded, so the wait time will probably be less.
Also, would my parents be able to sponsor my brother that is married? or do we have to wait until they become US citizens?

I know, lots of questions. Please help!

Thank you so much!

The approval of I-130 is just the beginning to sponsor your parents. After the approval there are several steps to follow, the interview is the final step. Once they have the interview at the embassy, they are given 6 months to move to the US.
I don't know why they would be rejected. Why do you think they would be?

Hi Bunnyta,

I don't have answer, but more question:
When you said you received email for interview, what interview is this? Isn't the I-130 already approved? Is there any chance that they will be rejected at interview time because of something?

Thanks!

Thanks for your response Jackolantern!
I will definitely submit 2 more I-130s for both of my brothers, I will also have my mom or dad to file one for my unmarried brother. Now, what would it happen to the other application when the 1st one is approved? Do you call USCIS and tell them to disregard it since there is one that was already approved? Am I making sense?

Your parents cannot sponsor your married brother when they only have a GC. So the only option right now is for you to sponsor the married brother.

Based on the wait times for the different categories, it would be faster for your parents to get a GC through you and then sponsor your unmarried brother, than it would be for you to sponsor that brother directly. However, you should still file for your brother in addition to your parents doing the same, because if your brother gets married before your parents get citizenship, your parent's petition for him would be cancelled and he would be left with nothing if you didn't file for him.