Whats Next ?? After Expediting EAD by Fax - no response ??

sambos

Registered Users (C)
Can someone plz help me..

I have only 15 days left for my EAD to expire - mine is AC21 case..
I have faxed the expedite letter explaining consequences of my losing job etc to my family etc... today is my 3rd day no response yet ???

I heard they will only consider if you provide them humanitarian reasons.. arent my reasons humanitarian.. what else should i say ?? plz suggest .

Any thing else that i should do... i will be sending mail with related docs..hope that helps.. not sure... totally uncertain..

---------------
EB3- AC21
PD : aug 2003
EAD4 pending since 85 days..
I-485 pending..

Same baot as you?

Hi Sambos!

I may be in the same boat as you. What is the process for expediting the EAD application process? Where did you get information for it from?

Here's my situation:

On May 1st I was laid off from my job. Thankfully I have been able to land another job - my start date is July 2nd.

I am on my third EAD which will expire on July 10th. My ND for the EAD renewal forms (for self and wife) is May 30th. Complacency is the main reason for the delay. All our previous applications were approved within 3 weeks - why would it take any longer now? (Hah!) I don’t have an H1 any more. I changed jobs 6 months after my I-140 was approved (concurrent filing) and this is second time I am changing jobs.

So what do I do? From the current processing dates - it seems like it will be a while before our EADs are approved. I have read that we can go to the local office to get an iEAD. Here's what I plan to do:

1) Setup an appointment with local ASC (I am in VA and my processing is in NSC) for after July 2nd. Hopefully they will give me one. (Is this done through infopass?)
2) Talk to HR at my new job and ask them to provide me a letter stating they will terminate my employment if I don’t have an approved EAD or iEAD. Hopefully they will give me one.
3) Take existing EADs, 1765 receipt notices, I485 receipt notices, passports and passport size pictures to the ASC on day of appointment.
4) Pray pray pray pray pray . . . . . . . . .

Want to try what you did too. Your response is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
RatherGetShot.

Since Sept 2006 local offices have stopped giving interim EADs ... so your best choice is take an appointment and try to speak to an immigration office explaining why you need EAD badly.. i heard if you explain on humanitarian grouds they might give you or expedite EAD approval..

Another option would be to fax/mail you service center ... i have read the posts with "expedite ead" in this forums, there is fax format and number for TSC.. since yours is not from TSC you would need to search .. hopefully you will get one..

last option would be to talk follow up with local congressment.. that i am still looking for .. not sure how to proceed....

good luck... and one imp thing that i learned is to file 6-7 months in advance.. with sounds absurd.. but what can we do, seem we are on their mercy.... even though we pay taxes and follow their law!!!

Sambos,

I have setup an Infopass appt for Tuesday. Will take all relavant papers and try. I will let you know what transpires.

I agree with you about being completly at thier mercy. Its sad that we follow the laws and still have to go through so much heart ache and mostly its the unfairness. Each EAD renewal application takes months off the previous EAD and then you get penalized if you dont file early enough.

We can only hope for the best. Wife and self are mentaly preparing to take forced vacation of sorts. Dont know if we will have our jobs or if we should look for new ones.

I hope you get a respoinse to your fax soon and they issue your card quickly.

Best of luck!

Sincerely,
RastherGetShot.

Get a lettter explaining the consequences of the EAD delay from the chairman, dean, boss, or HR. It worked fine in my case. TSC called back to let us know about the approval.

Last edited by a moderator: