What type of questions do they ask during the Asylum interview?

Camila Estrella

Hi,

I filed in 2018 with the new LIFO schedule. Therefore, I might get my interview soon. I would like to start preparing for it. Could you please let me know what type of questions do officers ask during the interview?

Thanks

They ask questions from your claim, straight forward questions, be prepared for details, sit with the lawyer or a friend and let them ask you questions from your file with extra details, remember all the dates and i'm sure you'll get a friendly officer, Good luck :)

They ask questions from your claim, straight forward questions, be prepared for details, sit with the lawyer or a friend and let them ask you questions from your file with extra details, remember all the dates and i'm sure you'll get a friendly officer, Good luck :)
Thank you. How long was your interview?

The question will be unexpected. You will be surprised. Because if you lie you can not answer the question.
Well I can be surprised remember dates from 10-15 years ago) or how it was in detail. Could I use my declaration? Any specific questions you've been asked?

yes, i thought about that too. how could people remember vividly all details that happened 4-5 years ago especially something they didn't want to remember? i am starting to worry because my interview is coming up soon.

yes, i thought about that too. how could people remember vividly all details that happened 4-5 years ago especially something they didn't want to remember? i am starting to worry because my interview is coming up soon.[/QUOTE
I found and watched the following youtube videos. There were useful to me for understanding the interview process.

I hope you find them useful too.

Reactions: CWH
all questions based on your story regarding dates , facts, person names etc;
what you reply should match with your documents.
Strong reasoning for getting granted asylum-u should able to proof ur not secure