What to expect when PD becomes current?

Sam here!

AlterEgo said:
My PD is current from today. I have not noticed any LUD change yet. What should I expect?

Could you post when yours get approved? I will when mine is.

Thanks!

PD: June 11, 2002
LUD 8/19/2006

nj_skm said:
Since you already have the number, get in line!
And wait! And wait! And wait...
good one...
we are most experienced people who can wait..wait...wait....dont know until when.......

I am EB3 (India) with PD 30 APR 2001. currently the date is 22nd APR 2001. Today i noticed a LUD change on my I-1485 and my spouse I-485 after a long time stand still. Did anyone had the same situation before.

I am guessing that as publication of visa bulletin come nearer, USCIS might be checking how many cases are ready for processing and then might be passing on the # to state department for them to make the bulletin the dates. Or it might be a case of finger prints renewal notice.

any views on this guys.....

November 13th is my day;if I hear nothing from USCIS, what is likely, I will contact Congressman. From there perhaps follow up once again with immigration officer and file Mandamus.

Almost_Done said:
November 2, 3:27 PM and still no
news :) :p :D :eek: :confused:

marlon2006 said:
November 13th is my day;if I hear nothing from USCIS, what is likely, I will contact Congressman. From there perhaps follow up once again with immigration officer and file Mandamus.
That seems to me perfect, I don't think that any work would be done from thanksgiving to new year anyway. If you are planning to use AC21, keep in mind that job market would be dull too.

btw, I am current again starting from this month after last year's India eb2 anticlimax.

AlterEgo said:
My PD is current from today. I have not noticed any LUD change yet. What should I expect?

When my PD became current last month, I've contacted VSC and made them to resent FP notice as the previous one got expired.I gave the FP on 10/14.Again, I contacted VSC on November 1st, and I was told by an officer that my files are still in Visa hold section.He put me on hold for couple of times and finally told that, he spoke with his suervisor and moved the files to "review section" and assured me to expect a decision within 14 days and my 485 got approved immediate next day.

What did you ask the CSR?

gcva said:
When my PD became current last month, I've contacted VSC and made them to resent FP notice as the previous one got expired.I gave the FP on 10/14.Again, I contacted VSC on November 1st, and I was told by an officer that my files are still in Visa hold section.He put me on hold for couple of times and finally told that, he spoke with his suervisor and moved the files to "review section" and assured me to expect a decision within 14 days and my 485 got approved immediate next day.

Interested in knowing what did you ask the CSR for him/her to go speak with the supervisor?

Generally I dont think they like us calling them many times. The following is my experience in talking to a rep.

me >> Hi, good morning, today i would like to find out my case status
rep>> Oh, ic, what can we do for you, do you have the receipt number ?
me>>Oh, yes, I have the eb2 receipt number, I have been current since last 6-7 months, in between my case went unavailable.
rep>>are you employment, asylum, or family
me>>its an employment, :confused:
rep>>you should have an interview, let me arrange for one
me>> (scared to death about any interview), does employment category need an interview ?
rep>>i think you don't need one, are you from military service ? :mad:
me>>me ?, sorry, never worked in military
me>>(by this time I understood that there is no point in going forward with discussion)
me>>I would like to know the status of my case
rep>>read out the status message that we can find on online

well, some guys are knowledgeble, some just go through standard questionaire.

So far all my calls to USCIS NSC have been in vain. Representative just reads the online status case.

indian_gc_ocean said:
Generally I dont think they like us calling them many times. The following is my experience in talking to a rep.

me >> Hi, good morning, today i would like to find out my case status
rep>> Oh, ic, what can we do for you, do you have the receipt number ?
me>>Oh, yes, I have the eb2 receipt number, I have been current since last 6-7 months, in between my case went unavailable.
rep>>are you employment, asylum, or family
me>>its an employment, :confused:
rep>>you should have an interview, let me arrange for one
me>> (scared to death about any interview), does employment category need an interview ?
rep>>i think you don't need one, are you from military service ? :mad:
me>>me ?, sorry, never worked in military
me>>(by this time I understood that there is no point in going forward with discussion)
me>>I would like to know the status of my case
rep>>read out the status message that we can find on online

well, some guys are knowledgeble, some just go through standard questionaire.

Exactlt my point .. so how do you get a supervisor on the line?

marlon2006 said:
So far all my calls to USCIS NSC have been in vain. Representative just reads the online status case.

Online status is read and that you know already. My question was how did one of us manage to get a supervisor on the line - what was that magic question?

I asked to speak to an immigration officer last time, but she declined.

Now here we go; my EAD expires on March 2007. That means that I should put my renewal paperwork in the mail by December 2006 ! Darn ! I can't stand spend more money on this. I will submit only the EAD paperwork not the AP.

dl1cd said:
Online status is read and that you know already. My question was how did one of us manage to get a supervisor on the line - what was that magic question?

Approved

I got the welcome/approval email today. It has been a long wait....thanks to everybody for their help and suggetions on the way.

i would love to know the answer to that question too!!

i have tried calling 3 times now, but they always refuse to pass me to an immigration officer and always give the same answer: vsc is currently working on 08/08/2005 as mentioned on their web site :confused: :( :mad:

and yet my pd has been current for months now and i know 2006 applications are being approved (not 08/08/2005)...

what to do? how to figure out what's going on?

any advise would be much appreciated!!!!

marlon2006 said:
I asked to speak to an immigration officer last time, but she declined.AP.

Your PD 06/2001 and you are still waiting ?!
Search the phone number for the respective House of Representative in your state. They have a form and procedure in place to start an inquiry to USCIS. Hurry up ! Don't wait one more day on this.

foret1 said:
i would love to know the answer to that question too!!

i have tried calling 3 times now, but they always refuse to pass me to an immigration officer and always give the same answer: vsc is currently working on 08/08/2005 as mentioned on their web site :confused: :( :mad:

and yet my pd has been current for months now and i know 2006 applications are being approved (not 08/08/2005)...

what to do? how to figure out what's going on?

any advise would be much appreciated!!!!