What to do for Change of Address?

whatsupsbk

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me what I need to do to report Change of Address to USCIS? I have my I-140 and I-485 pending.

The USCIS website is pretty confusing on this. I want to make sure they have my new address and I want to report this through all possible means:

1. AR-11
2. Mail
3. Electronic Change of Address
4. Phone

Do I need to do anything else?

I read in some forums that even though AR-11 was submitted twice by some folks, change of address did not take place. I'm a bit worried about this.

Greatly appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Prashant

Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me what I need to do to report Change of Address to USCIS? I have my I-140 and I-485 pending.

The USCIS website is pretty confusing on this. I want to make sure they have my new address and I want to report this through all possible means:

1. AR-11( file the form and take print out)
2. Mail ( write on cover letter your I-485 reciept #, DOB,A#, Name, and attach copy of I-485 reciept sign the letter and also write your old address and NEW ADDRESS on it and make a request for change of address dont forget to sign the cover letter with date AND out side the envelope write in big bold letters ATTN: Change of address on pending I-485 send the papers to service center with certified return reciept where I-485 is pending. I-140 is employer petition and you dont need to do anything it has employer address on it and USCIS is not going to change it (keep the copy of letter that you send to USCIS service center)
3. Electronic Change of Address ( also do that)
4. Phone ( also do that)
------------Do all the above
Do I need to do anything else?
-----------if you have any pending application like EAD or AP also attach the reciepts copy with letter to USCIS and update your new address on all of YOUR pending Petitions/applications by writing to USCIS. if you have spouse and her petition is also pending then she also need to do the above
I read in some forums that even though AR-11 was submitted twice by some folks, change of address did not take place. I'm a bit worried about this.

Greatly appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Prashant
---------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you report/file the change of address Change to USCIS, it takes 90 days to reflect in the system. You can also check by taking Infopass appt.