What\'s approval message? Mine avm message got cut-off...

Kevin Chen

Hi, gurus,

I just checked the avm for both my wife\'s and mine cases (I\'m the primary) and got the following message,
"... (being cut-off) december 20th 2001. We\'ve transferred your I485 application to adjust to permanent resident status to our office in San Diego (where I am) California for them to schedule and conduct an interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in SD will notify you to sechdule an interview or take any further action. If you have any question, you can call the San Diego office ... (omitted here)"

With the most important part being cut-off from the avm, and not hearing the word "approval", I\'m not sure whether this is what you guys meant by an approval or not. Can any of you who\'ve got the approval shed some lights?

Here is my case\'s detail,

RD: March 19, 2001
ND: April 9, 2001
category: EB1
WAC: 01-153-*****
FP: 11/02/01 (done on the same date)

I called an IIO officer on Dec. 13 and was told that mine case was assigned to an officer the day before, and wife\'s on 12/06.

Thanks.

Kevin

here\'s my AVM mesg

I heard the foll. regarding my case status.. "this case has been approved on dec 20, 2001. we mailed you an approval notice.. if you don\'t receive a notice within 14 days, update ur mailing addr., etc.."
hope this helps.

Hi Kevin!!

Even my case got transferred to San Diego INS on 11/29.

Here are the details:

SC filed: NSC, Cat: EB2/India, RD: 10/23/00, ND: 11/22/00,
FP: 03/16/01(San Diego), Transferred to San Diego as per NSC AVM (11/29/01), Received Transfer Notice from NSC: 12/08/01, San Diego Office received file from NSC: 12/18/01 (I called them @ 619-5575114)
AD: Waiting.

Let us keep in touch.. my mail id is vk_us@yahoo.com

Why are our cases got transferred while the others got approval directly?

Hi, VK,

Questions. Did you ask the IIO at SD why your case got transferred? Is it normal? This sounds really strange to me...

kevinc00, it is just unfortunate that the case got transferred

Perhaps the IIO found something about your case that he/she thought necessary to transfer your case to local INS office. This would only delay your process by several months. But if you have a straight case, you will eventually get it.

Sorry to hear about your case. I know it could be really frustrating, especially after all the waiting. Hope you get your interview date soon.

Hi Kevin!!

I asked them y my case got transferred... the response was that they don\'t know... more over they r not answering to any of my questions over the phone (they r not supposed to.. for our safety it seems). They asked me to visit to their INS office and enquire their itself.. I am planning to visit them on 12/28.. Let\'s see what they r going to say..