What is the "Yellow letter" & NOA about? (posted by WSH)

bkd52

Registered Users (C)
WSH - you posted as part of your dates:

03/30/2009 - Yellow Letter Received
04/02/2009 - Interview Letter NOA

What is the Yellow letter and what does NOA stand for?

Yellow letter is CFR (case file review) letter sent out by NBC. It provides a suggestion of documents to bring to interview.

NOA=Notice of action

Yellow letter is CFR (case file review) letter sent out by NBC. It provides a suggestion of documents to bring to interview.

NOA=Notice of action

I also got yellow letter but no FP notice since i filed N400 in Jan. My area is San Jose. Others at the same location have received FP in 1 month of filing.
What should I do?

Appreciate any suggestions.

I also got yellow letter but no FP notice since i filed N400 in Jan. My area is San Jose. Others at the same location have received FP in 1 month of filing.
What should I do?

Schedule an Infopass or call the 1-800 number and speak with an IO (not customer service rep).

What should I do?

Have you had your fingerprints taken by USCIS for some other reason in the last year? If so, they used that set for your N-400 application. Fingerprints are "good" for approximately 15 months. If your application is still pending after those fingerprints expire, you'll get a notice then. If you're not sure, call the customer service line and ask to speak to a second level immigration officer.