What is the rule?

bjk

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have received my labor approval on Oct 2002 and filed for I-140 and I-485 concurrently. I had my fingerprints taken at the end of Dec 2002 and received my parole documents on Jan 2003. I am looking to switch to another company and I am hearing different interpretations regarding the GC portability. Some say that I don't have the sponsor dependency after I recieved my labor approval. Others say that I need to wait up to 180 days after my I-485 is filed.

Could you please let me which one is correct? What would be the safest way of changing jobs? Do I have to wait until my interview?

And could you please explain what AC-21 is? From other messages posted, I understand I need to file it.

Thanks.

safest approach

After I-140 approval and six months of filing of I-485;maintaining goo relations with sponsoring employer.

I-140 Approved

I got my case number from my lawyer and checked the status online. I looks like it has already been approved. Thanks.

So, the only important issue is when exactly the I-485 was filed. If you decide to move another company, what do you do? You ask them to file for AC-21 or do you do it yourself?

I-140 Approved

I got my case number from my lawyer and checked the status online. I looks like it has already been approved. Thanks.

So, the only important issue is when exactly the I-485 was filed. If you decide to move another company, what do you do? You ask them to file for AC-21 or do you do it yourself?

ac21 when and how

after 180 days have passed;join same or simillar job,there are three approaches:

1.wait and settle down with new employer and then send a letter of ac21 ,better to use a lawyer (old or new company's).

2.Send a letter right away.

3.Dont send a letter and wait for RFE to come ,then send it.

Looking at the service center timings i would go with First Approach,but these are debatable.It is best to discuss these with your lawyer and his comfort level.