What is the problem in Nebraska Service Center , I-131 is still pending since November ??

handxx

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We applied for I-131 Re-entry travel document back in November 8,2010. My wife completed her fingerprints in December 21,2010. Since then , we are waiting for Nebraska Service Center to make a decision for our case. When we applied for her GC , it even took less time than I-131?

I called USCIS 1-800 number at least 3 times, they started an investigation but still no result for the case. How long should we wait more ? We moved to overseas for my job and asked USCIS send our results to the US consulate in our city right now but no result yet.

Problem with nebraska service center

I am in the same boat. I applied for a reentry permit in November 3, 2010. My fingerprints were taken in December 22, 2010. I have plans for a trip this next May 1, 2011. I called 1-800 and they filed a claim case of "Outside processing time" to NCS. Guess what???. I received an outrageous email from them stating that my case is actually within their current processing time and it may take another 90 days for processing. It means that it is going to take around 7 months instead of 3 months which is the supposed processing time shown on their website for this type of application. It is definitely unheard of!!!!

Be patient and wait at least for another 3 more months......

Any ideas from other users about how to tackle this problem would be appreciated!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We applied for I-131 Re-entry travel document back in November 8,2010. My wife completed her fingerprints in December 21,2010. Since then , we are waiting for Nebraska Service Center to make a decision for our case.

The reentry permit can often take up to 6 months to be approved.

The reentry permit can often take up to 6 months to be approved.
Not often do they take up to 6 months. This is my third travel document. My first was a RTD and took 8 months in July 2007, the second one (RP) took 2 months in January 2009. The time frame is indicated on the USCIS' website and it changes according to their workload. The problem is that USCIS is currently indicating wrong information on time frames which did not use to happen before. When I filed my two previous ones there was indicated the actual date of the cases being processed which did give you a true idea of when to file according to your travel plans. I don't Know why this service has worsened such this way with every passing day??????

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is outside their processing time stated online, I suggest you get help from your senators/congressperson. Tell them you have an emergency abroad or something. I was stuck abroad once without my RP and my senators' offices helped get CIS moving.

If it is outside their processing time stated online, I suggest you get help from your senators/congressperson. Tell them you have an emergency abroad or something.

Once you've given biometrics, you can leave the US right after that if there is an emergency abroad, and the permit will be issued later. And if you are abroad and need to return to the US urgently, you can return without the permit if you've been gone less than a year. The permit only becomes an emergency if you don't have a passport and need to use the permit in place of a passport, or you're approaching or exceeding a year abroad.

I would like to ask a question about if returning back to USA before the expiration date of the re-entry permit, then if you leave US for 3 months and come back, but the re-entry permit is expired, would I be facing problems with the immigration officer at the port of entry? Another IMPORTANT QUESTION: If I hold mebership with THE Global Entry Program, will be able to avoid interrogation the US officer at the POE?