What is the next step?

vault

Registered Users (C)
One of my friend sponsored his infant who was born in the US. The case application/petition was mailed to CPC in Mississauga on May 3, 2002.

Petition was approved by CPC on June 16th, 2002.

Case was forwarded to Buffalo, NY.

Received Acknowledgement from Buffalo, stating they have begun processing the case on July 08, 2002.

Received letter in September stating that no Interview was required.

Last week the online status changed to Decision Made.

I never expected that this would be processed so fast for family based petitions (5 months)!!

Anyone have any idea as to what the next step/process would be? and when to expect the same.

Thanks!!

<<Nice to be back from a long vacation>>

CIC introduced a new faster process of sponsorship for spouses and common law/dependents living outside canada, in late Feb 2003.

Did your friend also send the medical with the petition ?

Probably Buffalo will ask for passport for stamping.

Nice to see you back...

yes, medicals for the infant was submitted with the application/petition. Do you have any idea, as to when he can expect the request for PP stamping? Hope it's not a denial letter.

The request for Passport was received by my friend on 12/20/2003. He mailed the Passport and the photographs via express mail on 12/22/2003 addresses to the Immigration officer. It was recieved by the Consulate on 12/23/2004.

He received the passport back via regular mail to-day (01/02/2004 eventhough he enclosed the stamped express mail self addressed envelope). The passport had the visa stamp dated 12/24/2003. I think this is pretty fast when compared to other members who had to wait for 2 - 3 weeks.