What is RFE?

fi44fi

Registered Users (C)
N-400 sent to TX,Lewisville on 9/9/2009
Received by SC on 9/10/2009
Check cashed by USCIS on 9/15/2009
Received NOA on 9/18/2009
Online status changed to "sent RFE-Request for Evidence" on 9/25/2009

I am kind of worried that I haven't received this notice in the mail yet. Today is Oct/3rd/2009 , it has been over a week from the date they said they mailed it.
Should I call USCIS on Monday?. I wonder if anybody has been in this type of situation before.
Thanks for any response.

I am kind of worried that I haven't received this notice in the mail yet. Today is Oct/3rd/2009 , it has been over a week from the date they said they mailed it.
Should I call USCIS on Monday?. I wonder if anybody has been in this type of situation before.
Thanks for any response.

For most of the cases, RFE for N-400 means notice for Finger Printing. There is some sort of bug in USCIS system that such requests are also listed as RFEs. Wait for few days and you should be getting letter in Mail. If you do not get it by then, you can call USCIS. But they will tell you to wait for 30 days from date the RFE was issued. SO be paitent and hopefully you will get it soon.

Thanks for any response.

Many people got worried recently including me when it change to RFE. Now you can safely assume that it is for FP and nothing else. If you don't receive FP notice in the mail soon, then call USCIS.

It helped me to feel better to learn this. Thank you so much for the quick reply. I will update the process as I receive the letter.

update

I still didn't receive this letter RFE. 10 days left to 30 days. Did somebody have the same experience like me? I hear/read people receiving their RFE s in about 10 days or so.. Any advice? I can't get anybody answer me when I call, when I do talk to somebody they tell me to report a problem if it is over 30 days only..

Did you get your fingerprint notice? If you did, then that's what was meant for RFE. I wouldn't panic over this.

That would definetly be the FP. I was in the same scenario.Wait for two weeks if you dont get it in the mail, Call USCIS. They may be able to send you a duplicate copy of you can go to the local office making an INFOPASS and get one there too!

Thanks for the reply

From which day do you count 2 weeks. It has been 23 days from the date they changed my status to " we mailed you the 797C " status. So do I need to call them now or should I wait until the 30th day..

Please post your time line (see me signature for sample).

From which day do you count 2 weeks. It has been 23 days from the date they changed my status to " we mailed you the 797C " status. So do I need to call them now or should I wait until the 30th day..

N-400

N-400 Location Atlanta,GA
9/9/2009 N-400 sent to Lewisville,TX
9/10/2009 Application received by USCIS
9/15/2009 Check cashed
9/18/2009 NOA received
9/25/2009 Status changed to " Request for Evidence"
xx/xx/2009 RFE notice received?????

This is my timeline. I have not received my notice to this date. Status change says that they have mailed the notice on 9/25/2009 and when I call USCIS it seems like it is not a problem to be reported unless it has been over 30 days. What would you advice, would you not worry if you were to in my shoes?
Thanks for any advice.

What would you advice, would you not worry if you were to in my shoes?

Unfortunately, the best advice is to wait. try not to get upset, I know it is hard, and we all went through this. Once you get the process started every day seems like a year. I know the disappointment of checking the mail every day, but eventually things get through the system.

You have a few months ahead of you so it is better you come to grips with the waiting rather than pushing too hard and upsetting yourself.

It is easy for me to say now, but trust me, I went through it all too.