what is # code 2 and code 3 biometric.

Sure Kitaka....

Code 1 is for fingerprinting of all 10 fingers. This is electronically sent to FBI the same day, they run it to match thru their database to match it with criminals/persons of interest and send the results the same day (or the next) to USCIS. Code 1 is very important as it is part of your security/background check and determines admissibility for GC. Code 1 expires after 15 months e.g. FBI needs to check their database again.

Code 2 (right index finger only+photo+sign) is for the generation of cards for immigration benefits e.g. EAD, GC etc. If you filed for EAD, you definitely need code 2 or the card can not be generated. Code 2 is done everytime we apply for a benefit.

Code 3 (fingerprinting all 10 fingers+photo+sign) is a combination of both, when USCIS wants to get a security check done on you as well as generate card.

Can someone tell me what is difference betwen biometric code 2 and code 3?? Please

im asking that cause when i check ny status it says card production. On sept 27. But they sent me a biometric code3 on sept,8. And the apointement for it was oct,3. How come after sending me biometric apoitement they change my status to card production without the biometric done yet.
And i haven't still get my card yet, but they said it was sent on sept,27
Thanks

Sounds like an obvious USCIS error......Did you go for the Oct 3 appointment ? Unless you has a recent biometric done previously (within last 15 months or so), you will require a new biometric done. For I-485, it is normally code 3....If you did make the Oct 3 appointment, follow-up with USCIS customer service on the card production status you see online. It takes around 10-15 business days to receive the card. They will open a service request. If you did not, simply ignore the online card production status.

im asking that cause when i check ny status it says card production. On sept 27. But they sent me a biometric code3 on sept,8. And the apointement for it was oct,3. How come after sending me biometric apoitement they change my status to card production without the biometric done yet.
And i haven't still get my card yet, but they said it was sent on sept,27
Thanks

The May 2010 biometric may have just aged out to be re-used again. Since you've completed the Oct, 2011 biometric, simply sit back and relax for another few days and the card should arrive in mail anyday.

Yes i the oct,9 biometric. My first biometric was on may,2010.

Here is case.
Was married in 2005, had my first interview didn't pass. Was separate in 2006, didnt go on second interview. Was on removal in 2008. Got married again in 2009.
Pass a strock I-130 interview, file 485 in april 2010. Had first biometric on may,25 2010. Judge terminated the removal oct 2010. 485 interview on feb 2011. IO said he cant approve me right away cause ICE didnt send my file. To wait 2 weeks and call back.
Since then nothing from uscis. After 6 months, called ombudsman office and 2 congressman. A week after got biometric code 3 apt for oct, 03. Check my status online: CARD PRODUCTION and was mailed on sept,27. Did my biometric on oct,03.
Now waiting since then.

Pass a strock I-130 interview, file 485 in april 2010. Had first biometric on may,25 2010. Judge terminated the removal oct 2010. 485 interview on feb 2011. IO said he cant approve me right away cause ICE didnt send my file.

That is correct. IO cannot approve if the background checks are pending. There was no definite timeline as well unlike these days. I've known folks that have waited almost 3 years to get their namechecks cleared. Either there was a hit with your name in FBI database at which point everything becomes a manual intervention or USCIS requested your namecheck with wrong name/DOB combination (latter is more likely as it happened with me in 2006). Every namecheck request costs USCIS money, hence USCIS is highly reluctant to do a 2nd namecheck.

To wait 2 weeks and call back.
Since then nothing from uscis. After 6 months, called ombudsman office and 2 congressman. A week after got biometric code 3 apt for oct, 03. Check my status online: CARD PRODUCTION and was mailed on sept,27. Did my biometric on oct,03.
Now waiting since then.

By the time your congressman got involved, your file was accumulating dust. Due to the age of previous biometrics, new ones were requested this year. This time when you did the biometric, the results came back sooner. Wait for another week or two, you should receive the card in mail.

Biometrics Code 5?

I recently got biometrics appointment letter and it demanded code 5. I thought there were only code 1, 2, 3.

What is code 5? on appointment date I gave Signature, pictures, fingerprints, that's it i think Codes may be USCIS internal communication

Biometrics Code 5?

I recently got biometrics appointment letter and it demanded code 5. I thought there were only code 1, 2, 3.

What is code 5? on appointment date I gave Signature, pictures, fingerprints, that's it i think Codes may be USCIS internal communication

I received a Code 5 also. During my appointment I only gave a signature, picture, and fingerprints of 4 of my fingers on my right hand. What does that mean in terms of processing?

I received a Code 5 also. During my appointment I only gave a signature, picture, and fingerprints of 4 of my fingers on my right hand. What does that mean in terms of processing?

Same here. Code five and only fingerprints from the right hand. I was told code 5 is for those who had fingerprints before. Is this accurate?

Biometrics Code 5?

Did they fingerprint your right hand only or all fingers?

Same here. Code five and only fingerprints from the right hand. I was told code 5 is for those who had fingerprints before. Is this accurate?

Yes, I believe that is accurate. I had the code 5 biometric appointment on Wednesday 8/23 and I received notification on Friday 8/25 that I was in line for scheduling for an interview. The background check is a lot quicker as a code 5.

Hello,

I received the 2nd appointment for fingerprinting. 2nd invitation is scheduled for mid September.

I had my 1st fingerprinted completed 2nd week of June successfully.

I’m concerned why I received my 2nd appointment for fingerprinting. Could you please help me to clarify my doubt and concern, whether this would have any delay / impact on I-485 process.

2nd Invitation is having the Code: 5, what’s the significance of this code.

Thanks