What if I lost protective sleeve for my passport card?

Nothing bad, somebody with a high powered RFID reader could get the locator number of your passport card.

Nothing bad, somebody with a high powered RFID reader could get the locator number of your passport card.

Is this locator number same as passport application locator number?

I don't have my passport by hand. Is it somewhere in the passport (not electronically but printed figure)?
Do we need to keep this number somewhere?

Call the toll free # for passport applications and tell them you need a sleeve. They will most likely send you one for free by regular mail.

What if I lost protective sleeve for my passport card?

You lost the sleeve within a couple of hours of receiving it? :p

Wrap it in aluminum foil (or those fast food wrappers that have foil on one side and paper on the other).

One thing to think about though... how come the Passport's RFID Chip doesn't need similar protection - especially as the Passport has all your information on the RF chip while the Passport card only has a pointer to your record in the database...

When fully closed, the passport's cover is supposed to block the signal.
True. Also, the passport has an RFID proximity chip which can be read only up to 7.5 cm away. So, even an open passport book will not pose much of the security threat. The passport card, on the other hand, utilises the vicinity chip that can be read at a greater distance, so it would be easier to read nearby passport cards' numbers.

Is this locator number same as passport application locator number?

I don't have my passport by hand. Is it somewhere in the passport (not electronically but printed figure)?
Do we need to keep this number somewhere?

It could be your passport card number or your passport book number or an unique number that they can use to pull up your record.

True. Also, the passport has an RFID proximity chip which can be read only up to 7.5 cm away. So, even an open passport book will not pose much of the security threat. The passport card, on the other hand, utilises the vicinity chip that can be read at a greater distance, so it would be easier to read nearby passport cards' numbers.

Where can I buy a RFID reader?

Is that trolling? I'd like one too. I think you can get one out of a an electrical catalogue. But, you need software too. Anyway, I'm not getting a passport card when I'm eligible. The book is more than enough, I think.

eBay has 5 sleeves for $5.

By the way, if you are afraid that someone will read your passport card number, you should also be concerned that the same person can read the credit card number too (although they would need to be within centimetres from the wallet). So, these sleeves are good for all kinds of smart cards.