What happens when your fingerprints get rejected twice?

user_9999

Registered Users (C)
I did my fingerprints second time for second FP and the center people told me that I do not have clear fingerprints and they are still not sure whether these prints will pass the check. They also said I might hv to visit police station if these prints get rejceted this time. I never had this problem with my first FP prints. I believe it's just this center people. Has anybody had the similar experience?

finger prints rejection

Could u pl let me know what happened in ur case on bad priints.
Were u asked to do them again?

user_9999 said:
I did my fingerprints second time for second FP and the center people told me that I do not have clear fingerprints and they are still not sure whether these prints will pass the check. They also said I might hv to visit police station if these prints get rejceted this time. I never had this problem with my first FP prints. I believe it's just this center people. Has anybody had the similar experience?

I think the problem with bad FP would happen when your FP is taken electronically instead of the conventional way of collecting FP on paper. If they have taken your paper FP, I think you should be OK. You can even go to the local police station (depends on your local FP) yourself to get your FP done yourself.

Interview followed two failed FP attempts

My wife and I had to have our FPs taken a total of 7 times (me 3, wife 4) before green card approval.

When we first had our FPs taken everything was fine and both our FPs could be read by the electronic scanner. That was in 2001.
Nearly three years later we were called for 2nd FPs. Mine were fine again, but my wife's couldn't be read clearly. She was advised she would probably be recalled to do them again, and she was. Guess what, the same thing happened when she tried next time (why should it be any different?), and the next.
Finally after letters from our company lawyer, and my wife speaking with the officer at the FP center on her final failed trip, we received notices to attend an "interview" at San Francisco. In lieu of the criminal background checks that would normally take place with your FPs, my wife effectively had to "self-certify" by getting written declarations from each of the three counties' Sherrif's Dept. to say that they had no record of her behaving criminally. That worked fine for 2 out of three of the counties, and the third said "no we don't do those any more". So we got a letter from that county stating their position, and hoped that the immigration offficer would understand that we had done everything we could.
In the end (after another approx 5-6 months of waiting) we were requested to take a mountain of paperwork to the SF BCIS office for the interview. We were treated very courteously, asked a few questions, but really everything was straightforward.
We would recommend you do everything you can to maintain legible fingerprints. We didn't realize they could "wear out".
It's painful just to re-visit that FP process. We're quite sure it would have continued on and on had we not requested a lawyer's letter.

cal_tyke said:
My wife and I had to have our FPs taken a total of 7 times (me 3, wife 4) before green card approval.

When we first had our FPs taken everything was fine and both our FPs could be read by the electronic scanner. That was in 2001.
Nearly three years later we were called for 2nd FPs. Mine were fine again, but my wife's couldn't be read clearly. She was advised she would probably be recalled to do them again, and she was. Guess what, the same thing happened when she tried next time (why should it be any different?), and the next.
Finally after letters from our company lawyer, and my wife speaking with the officer at the FP center on her final failed trip, we received notices to attend an "interview" at San Francisco. In lieu of the criminal background checks that would normally take place with your FPs, my wife effectively had to "self-certify" by getting written declarations from each of the three counties' Sherrif's Dept. to say that they had no record of her behaving criminally. That worked fine for 2 out of three of the counties, and the third said "no we don't do those any more". So we got a letter from that county stating their position, and hoped that the immigration offficer would understand that we had done everything we could.
In the end (after another approx 5-6 months of waiting) we were requested to take a mountain of paperwork to the SF BCIS office for the interview. We were treated very courteously, asked a few questions, but really everything was straightforward.
We would recommend you do everything you can to maintain legible fingerprints. We didn't realize they could "wear out".
It's painful just to re-visit that FP process. We're quite sure it would have continued on and on had we not requested a lawyer's letter.
Wow, what a hassel!!!