What happens when I-485 file is transfered to some other service center

RDAL

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

After 1+ year of waiting for 485 approval, TSC is telling me that my I-485 application should be handled by Nebraska, as my labor was approved from Michigan (Future Job after GCard). But at the time of filing, I was given to understand that the I-485 application needs to be submitted based on place of my work and residence (Texas).

Has anybody experienced similar situation. Will Nebraska put me back in the beginning of I-485 queue.

Please help.

No Title

Then it should have been filed in NSC, why u filed at Texas..Moreover if job offer is for an area under TSC jurisdiaction, how come NSC cleared the I-140....

Clarification on TSC filing

The future job is in Michigan hence I-140 was from Michigan, Currently I am posted in texas (I was posted to texas after I-140 approval) and live in texas, thus it was filed with TSC. Upon I-485 approval I will move back to company head office in Michigan.

No Title

According to INS rule, you should file your employment based I-485 to the service center approving your I-140. Order a copy of I-485 form from INS and you will see the instructions clearly. I know somebody did otherwise and it was OK. But the rule is you have to file I-140 and I-485 at the same center.

Do you ask your attorney if it is possible to keep the RD of your I-485 application when it is transferred to NSC?

No Title

I got my LC and I-140 from VSC and and after that I submitted my I-765, I-131 and I-485 to VSC. But I used the address as Oklahoma, so they send my I-485 to TSC(as they said). I already got my EAD and AP. (ND Dec 20, 2001) and also got my I485 receipt (ND Nov 13, 2001).... I don\'t what is going on...... Am I okay or not...

My lawyer says its okay....

No Title

What is "they" you are referring to? Do you mean VSC send you file directly to TSC? Or your lawyer send it to TSC?