What happens when dependent’s medical was partially done because of pregnancy?

Niza

Registered Users (C)
What happens when dependent’s medical was partially done because of pregnancy?

I am the principal applicant. My wife’s I-485 application was filed with me. Her fingerprinting was also done at the same time with me. My application was approved on 07/19/04, but her application is still pending. Don’t know why!! The only reason I can think of is… her medical was not 100% done because of pregnancy. Don’t know yet what should we do about that. Online status doesn’t mention about RFE or anything yet.

Does any one know what should be our next steps?

Here is my case detail:
http://boards.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=850342&postcount=117

Niza,
In my case also , we did not complete the medical tests as my wife was pregnant too at the time of filing in the I-485 ( Sept 2003). Last month we got an RFE for her 485 explicitily asking for Chest X-Ray Reports and the same was updated in online status check also for her. We went to the same doctor, got new Form-693 and Chest X-Ray report and replied. Now the status got updated within a week that the results have been received by BCIS and they are resuming with the case.
So, you can expect the same if there was some section you didnot complete at the time of filing.

Niza,
In my case also , we did not complete the medical tests as my wife was pregnant too at the time of filing in the I-485 ( Sept 2003). Last month we got an RFE for her 485 explicitily asking for Chest X-Ray Reports and the same was updated in online status check also for her. We went to the same doctor, got new Form-693 and Chest X-Ray report and replied. Now the status got updated within a week that the results have been received by BCIS and they are resuming with the case.
So, you can expect the same if there was some section you didnot complete at the time of filing.

If the couple is trying or already pregnant, with the husband as the principal, I would imagine that some vaccine and possibly chest x-ray would be contra-indicated.
The question is whether the vaccine is contra-indicated for both the spouses. Please advise. If contra-indicated for both, would both be issued RFE?
If some vaccines are not done for wife only, then wife will get RFE. would the husband be approved in this case? If husband is approved, does that not render wife'status in grey area?

researched the answer myself.
some vaccines would be contra-indicated and the person for whom the medical is incompleted, would get RFE. Essentially, I do not see any reason to file 485 because the person for whom the medical is incomplete, would need to either maintain valid NIV status or keep renewing her AP and become a revenue stream for the CIS.
if 140 is approved, renewing h-status would be advised.

Just posting so that people can use this piece of info and ask informed questions of their attorneys.