What happens to a H1B EMPLOYEE, if employer(1man show company) expires.

csrini1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a question, see if we can bounce some ideas....

working for company A on H1-B valid till may 25th 2007, which is managed(president/founder/ceo/office boy) by this guy, who expired in may 2nd week, 2006. we are still working at the client site, due to the contract there, but as this guy is no more, we are not getting paid from may 1st 2006. this guys is divorced, has a 19 yr old daughter. we don't have any contact info for any one.

office fax and number disconnected by his exwife itseems. but no information about her also. I mean we got some numbers for his exwife and sister, but they don't take our calls. The client where we are working says they already send cheque to my employer and we should ask my employer, who died last month!!,and its not their problem.

question: what is the legal status for us?? who pays our salary??

should i be thinking about law suit involving, my employer company, his daughter, exwife and my client also??

Thanks
srini...

I understand your situation. FIrst of all file H1 transfer with new company and ask client to do contract with them. Make sure company is not one man show and reputed so INS do not create problem. In second stage if possible ask client to hold payment and make stop payment against checks. Third step get good lawyer to file law suit against your employer not the client.

If you need any further help please IM. I have gone through same situation. The key here is to get good lawyer.

bajmera said:
I understand your situation. FIrst of all file H1 transfer with new company and ask client to do contract with them. Make sure company is not one man show and reputed so INS do not create problem. In second stage if possible ask client to hold payment and make stop payment against checks. Third step get good lawyer to file law suit against your employer not the client.

If you need any further help please IM. I have gone through same situation. The key here is to get good lawyer.

Thanks bajmera,
we are doing this-Irst of all file H1 transfer with new company and ask client to do contract with them.
In second stage if possible ask client to hold payment and make stop payment against checks. - client says can't be done.
Third step get good lawyer to file law suit against your employer not the client.- need to find a good lawyer.

question: when we file for H1B transfer, what do we do regarding the pay stubs?? the latest pay stub is from april28th, 2006.

csrini1 said:
Thanks bajmera,
we are doing this-Irst of all file H1 transfer with new company and ask client to do contract with them.
In second stage if possible ask client to hold payment and make stop payment against checks. - client says can't be done.
Third step get good lawyer to file law suit against your employer not the client.- need to find a good lawyer.

question: when we file for H1B transfer, what do we do regarding the pay stubs?? the latest pay stub is from april28th, 2006.

I think if you have a good attorney...you can get thru w/o the latest paystub...paystubs are reqd to show that you are legal & following the procedures. If the overall documentation is good...yoru cae can get thru with the April paystubs too.
But, act fast for H1 transfer.
rgds,