What happens if new EAD/AP gets approved while we're out of country

dcmetro22042

Registered Users (C)
We're planning to go out of country.

What happens if the new EAD/AP is approved while we are outside US? Will our current AP/EADs get invalidated and the new ones take their place? Or would we be able to still get in, without an issue as long as we enter before June 15th, 2007 (expiration date).
I ask this since unlike H1B renewals, USCIS does not put the start date of the new EAD/AP from the date when the current EAD/AP expires. Last time they put the start date of EAD/AP from June (date they were renewed) even though our previous EAD/AP were supposed to expire in October.

Thanks!

I do not believe the AP has a renewal date. It has only an experation date. If you enter the country before your previous AP expires you should have no problems presening the old AP at POE. If you are to enter the country after your previous AP has expired maybe someone here can get your new AP and mail it to you oversee so that you can present the new AP at POE.
The EAD has nothing to do with entering the country. You should not work with an expired EAD but you can leave and come back as long as you AP is valid.

Well, I am not sure when my new AP might come. While I am there or when I return back. My only concern is that IF they renew while I am abroad, then does the one I hold (even though it was with valid date beyond my return) would invalidate or not. If not, then Im fine. My current one expires in mid June and I plan to be back by end of April.
Not sure if I can have someone send me the new one...with international mail..u never know how long it takes and how safe it is.

As for EAD, again, It shall be valid. However, I have already filed for H1B extension and would like to remain on h1b status..want to just use my AP to enter rather than get a visa again

The new AP does not invalidate the old one. However I read somewhere that once you enter on AP, your H1B is invalid and you should use your EAD to work. I am not very familiar with this situation because I did not extand my H1B after I got EAD. You may want to check with a lawyer or someone who has both.