What happens after the finger prints?

delta1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I had my FP done recently and was wondering what exactly happens after that and for how long? I read about name check which I am not very sure understand. Can anyone help explaining. Thanks.

They do both a name check and fingerprint check at the FBI. They want to make sure that the applicant is not a wanted person.

From your point of view, what happens next is: you wait for an interview letter in the mail. It will take several weeks, in my case it was almost 2 months.

From your point of view, what happens next is: you wait for an interview letter in the mail. It will take several weeks, in my case it was almost 2 months.

Can anyone tell how can I tell that my background check is done and I am in line for interview?

When you're clear of all the checks, you'll be placed in line for interview, and that will reflect in your case status on the USCIS website.

I've been in line for interview for over 4 months now (Atlanta).

When you're clear of all the checks, you'll be placed in line for interview, and that will reflect in your case status on the USCIS website.

Looks like for some reason Atlanta is overloaded.

Grashoppr,

So when you say you've been "in line for interview", does that mean your status changed to that in the website since 4 months ago, or it's been 4 months since you did the finger prints?
If the first answer is your reply, how long after the FP you noticed that your status changed?
please explain, thanks.