what happens after passport stamping

Dude, you must be living in a la-la Land:)

For NSC the norm is any where between 1-2 years now. I think VSC is fastest or maybe Texas. But in any case, NSC is the slowest. There might be one or two cases who might have gotten it real fast, but that is not the norm.

then do you need to renew the stamp since the stamp is only valid for one year?

I never seen any postings on this issue. Any input is appreciated.

Probably so from my understanding

That is the only drawback of not getting actual card I guess. If not, it is nothing to be worried about. The card gives us more mobility, nothing more. Because the Stamp is the same as Card.

So I say quit worrying about Card. That should be last of the worries anyway right now. It will come. Also it doesn\'t change the timings for applying for Citizenship I think either.

I actually found what I said below about re-stamping in Shusterman\'s site

It says pretty much what I said about getting a stamp if you dont get a card. Here you go:

Q. What if my temporary proof of status expires before I receive my new Green Card?

A. If your temporary proof of status expires before you receive your new Green Card, you should go to your local INS District or Sub-Office (not the Application Support Center). After verifying the status of your case and determining that your application is approvable, the local INS District or Sub-Office will issue you new temporary documentation.