What does this message mean?

Sept03NIW

Registered Users (C)
Guys:

My LUD messages for both I140 and I485s changed to

"On April 25, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

What does this mean? Its not a RFE so what else can it be?

Any input will be appreciated.

Sept03NIW said:
Guys:

My LUD messages for both I140 and I485s changed to

"On April 25, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

What does this mean? Its not a RFE so what else can it be?

Any input will be appreciated.

I got this message after I called them to changed my address, then few days later got RFE.

brt96 said:
I got this message after I called them to changed my address, then few days later got RFE.

I have not changed my address---but I called them as I was concerned about the delay regarding my case. So you think this would be a RFE?

Thanks much!

sep03NIW
I think they have responded for your request. You said that you called and asked for your Adjudication. I think its not RFE. Becuase for RFE they will give mroe time to reply back. But you never know. Wait until you hear more.

plastic_card said:
sep03NIW
I think they have responded for your request. You said that you called and asked for your Adjudication. I think its not RFE. Becuase for RFE they will give mroe time to reply back. But you never know. Wait until you hear more.

Thanks plastic_card. I guess I have to wait and see. I am hoping its not just a regular notice saying that they are working on my case. It is kind of strange that they have updated both of my applications with the same message. I had called about my I-140. Is that normal?

Also they have not written anything about any response from my side. So I am very much in the dark. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next couple of days, I guess :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sept03NIW,

I suppose it is their technique of 'fear factor' so that applicants are discouraged from enquiring and continue being in the dark.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD Apr.04
140 ??

In my opinion, this is an RFE. They(USCIS) are saying that after seeing this message(online) if you do not get paper(mail) notice in your current address(which probably details what they need) in 30 days, then you are to contact them.

The usual response timeframe for RFEs' is i believe 90 days. Call your lawyer, check your mailbox. 2-3 weeks is what I have heard as std time for the paper document to come thru'

Regards
EtchoneB

Sept03NIW said:
Thanks plastic_card. I guess I have to wait and see. I am hoping its not just a regular notice saying that they are working on my case. It is kind of strange that they have updated both of my applications with the same message. I had called about my I-140. Is that normal?

Also they have not written anything about any response from my side. So I am very much in the dark. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next couple of days, I guess :eek:

This is NOT an RFE

It always baffles me why so many people think this message is an RFE. The message is crystal clear. It says that WE [USCIS] responded to YOUR [the applicant] request for more information ..." It DOES NOT say that USCIS is requesting information from you.

In this case, the applicant communicated with USCIS, and this message is merely an acknowledgement of same. Messages for RFEs are quite different and clearly state that USCIS is requesting more information from the applicant.

I agree. This is not an RFE. You phoned them or made an inquiry to the USCIS about your case. They are just letting you know that they received your inquiry. For me I had the same thing after an address change and they updated me with the same message. I also got a letter 30 days later saying they updated my address. Basically any call to them about your case will result in this message.

FOR THE RFE they will say they are issuing a REQUEST FOR MORE EVIDENCE IN YOUR CASE. THEN IT WILL SAY IF YOU DONT RECEIVE THE RFE IN 2 WEEKS to call them.

Sept03NIW said:

yes plastic card is right. They have responded to your concern. Customer support people have sent your concern (you called them and told about your pending case) to adjusting officer and therefore the date changed. Same thing happened to me and it said 30 days. Now you have got good chance. Get in touch with local senator.
I have a question for you actually for all 2003 pending cases guys - when you submitted 140 & 485 was it a complete file? like all required documents attached or something missing. ? Check with your lawyer if all the required documents were submitted.
The reason I am asking is that my file was incomplete. My original labor was missing. Chicago office had mailed the same to my lawyer but got misplaced in mail, so they sent us a fax stating that labor is approved and original will be sent to NSC if at all they ask. After so much waiting and research senator office lady found out that my original labor was not in the file, so they kept my case on side and no action was taken. We contacted chicago labor dept, they never received any request from NSC. So again senator calls NSC and asked to request chicago for original labor. Now NSC says that let me get the file which took more than 10 days to get my file from trash can. So now the file is on officer's desk. We don't know if they have sent request to chicago labor dept. yet or not. But at present senator told us to wait for some more time.
So this is my story. I have to wait now. As per senator only problem in my file is original labor. I hope once chicago people sends labor my i-140 gets approved. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Green card journey is real challenging for me.

tjshah said:
yes plastic card is right. They have responded to your concern. Customer support people have sent your concern (you called them and told about your pending case) to adjusting officer and therefore the date changed. Same thing happened to me and it said 30 days. Now you have got good chance. Get in touch with local senator.
I have a question for you actually for all 2003 pending cases guys - when you submitted 140 & 485 was it a complete file? like all required documents attached or something missing. ? Check with your lawyer if all the required documents were submitted.
The reason I am asking is that my file was incomplete. My original labor was missing. Chicago office had mailed the same to my lawyer but got misplaced in mail, so they sent us a fax stating that labor is approved and original will be sent to NSC if at all they ask. After so much waiting and research senator office lady found out that my original labor was not in the file, so they kept my case on side and no action was taken. We contacted chicago labor dept, they never received any request from NSC. So again senator calls NSC and asked to request chicago for original labor. Now NSC says that let me get the file which took more than 10 days to get my file from trash can. So now the file is on officer's desk. We don't know if they have sent request to chicago labor dept. yet or not. But at present senator told us to wait for some more time.
So this is my story. I have to wait now. As per senator only problem in my file is original labor. I hope once chicago people sends labor my i-140 gets approved. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Green card journey is real challenging for me.

As far as I know, my file was complete. However, that is an interesting suggestion. I will review my copy of the case and reconfirm.

Tjshah
Nice to see a little light from the tunnel. AS far as the documents, I'm sure My Attorney has submitted each and every document. The reason why I'm confident is, he has send the same copy to me. Each and every paper. I see my labor approval and other stuff.

Sorry to hear that your Lawyer did not check while sending. Hope you will hear some thing pretty soon.

I guess all we sep 2003 filers are going to get 140's. Bobby got his 140,sep03NIW will be knowing some thing, bmt got approved and your's will be knowing pretty soon.

WOh!!!!!

Good Luck.

Scottfla said:
It always baffles me why so many people think this message is an RFE. The message is crystal clear. It says that WE [USCIS] responded to YOUR [the applicant] request for more information ..." It DOES NOT say that USCIS is requesting information from you.

In this case, the applicant communicated with USCIS, and this message is merely an acknowledgement of same. Messages for RFEs are quite different and clearly state that USCIS is requesting more information from the applicant.

I agree with you and grunggy. It did not seem like a request for further evidence to me. As soon as I get the actual letter from NSC, I will update the info. Just that its kind of confusing----

tjshah,

Sad to know, but finally you have learned the cause of delay.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India

plastic_card said:
Tjshah
Nice to see a little light from the tunnel. AS far as the documents, I'm sure My Attorney has submitted each and every document. The reason why I'm confident is, he has send the same copy to me. Each and every paper. I see my labor approval and other stuff.

Sorry to hear that your Lawyer did not check while sending. Hope you will hear some thing pretty soon.

I guess all we sep 2003 filers are going to get 140's. Bobby got his 140,sep03NIW will be knowing some thing, bmt got approved and your's will be knowing pretty soon.

WOh!!!!!

Good Luck.
We knew that file is w/o original labor. Lawyer had contacted chicago and NSC both and they said that duplicate copy will be sent to NSC only if they required. Most of the time fax letter from chicago is good enough. But it seems that NSC didn't like that fax letter from chicago and kept file aside. Lawyer had also told us samething that reason for the delay is original labor but again we had no choice. Chicago people ( real cooperative) told us that if NSC sends a request than only they can send duplicate labor copy otherwise no. He talked with us for more that 20 mins., checked all this documents to see if NSC had sent any request. But you know NSC are lazy people. So at present we just have to wait till this lazy people sends a request to chicago.

Sept03NIW said:
I agree with you and grunggy. It did not seem like a request for further evidence to me. As soon as I get the actual letter from NSC, I will update the info. Just that its kind of confusing----
Sept03NIW you will not get any letter from NSC. Atleast I didn't get. This message just means that now they know about your inquiry and will try to do something within 30 days. Reason customer service people contacted NSC officer is that processing dates have changed from Sept to Nov.

tjshah, good to know what is the cause of the delay. At least something is happening, so hang tight, you will hear the good news soon.

As far as my case is concerned, the lawyer initiated an inquiry last friday. The LUD has not changed so far. I will wait for some more time and see what happens. They should respond this time, no other choice (I hope) :)

Also, I received a response for the email I sent to FBI in Dec 2004 regarding the name check status. I received a response from them that the results of the name check were sent to USCIS in Oct 2003 ( and what the heck NSC has been doing since then, I don't know !)

Last edited by a moderator:
tjshah said:
Sept03NIW you will not get any letter from NSC. Atleast I didn't get. This message just means that now they know about your inquiry and will try to do something within 30 days. Reason customer service people contacted NSC officer is that processing dates have changed from Sept to Nov.

That sounds like NSC people :mad: So according to you I should wait for 30 days and even then if 'All Quiet on the NSC Front' I should try the Senator route? This really sucks!!!

How is you name check going, pastic_card?

Sept03NIW said:
That sounds like NSC people :mad: So according to you I should wait for 30 days and even then if 'All Quiet on the NSC Front' I should try the Senator route? This really sucks!!!

How is you name check going, pastic_card?
Do not wait for 30 days. Contact senartor. I am sure they will say samething but still contact them. So at the end of 30 days you just have to talk again with senator and not NSC

sep03NIW
I called them first and they told that I have to send an email with details. Intially I thought NO but later thought nothing worng in sending one email. I did that . No response from them. I think FBI is respoding 2004 emails. These people are too lazy than NSC. just waiting when NSC will process my 485. I lost the Zeal which I had on Green card. I will wait. when ever they approve, I will take on that day.