What does this mean? IO talk...

abhikp

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,
Myself and my spouse were trying to follow up on my spouse's pending I-485 application as a derivative. The Immigration officer said "the case is now on a workstation". Now what on earth does that mean? Obviously she did not elaborate on the same. Hence checking with you, gurus, to shed some light on this cryptic phrase. By the way, she's current, EB2 India, PD March 31 2003. My case was approved early this month.
All comments are welcome.
Thanking in anticipation, AP.

Yet another use of newspeak by the USCIS to discombobulate clients.
That's what comes of doublethink.
This is so ungood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why didnt you ask the IO what he/she meant by that then u wont need to guess anymore? You had the opportunity to talk to an IO.. u should have used it wisely.

Approved! Finally we got the mail sayng my wife's case has been approved and card production ordered. So "workstation" meant work was being done on it. Next time anybody hears that word being used by an IO, I would guess it means the case is being looked into and possibly close to approval.
Thanks a lot guys for all your valuable suggestions and keeping the forum vivacious and enjoyable. After all getting a GC is arduous and agonizing!

yes. my wife's NC was cleared within a month of filing I-485. mine never did! now both are approved for GC, though.

I had called TSC day before yesterday, asking if my name check had cleared. I was told that this information could not be provided at this time, however my case was now in the hands of an Adjudicator. And if my name check has already cleared, it was ready to be adjudicated. I found this hard to believe since my Recieved Date was 8/14/2007 and TSC was currently processing 6/21/2007 cases. Anyway I called them again today to see if I could confirm this information.

Today I was told that my name check cleared on 11/12/2007 which is just 4 weeks after my Notice Date. I asked if name check could clear so soon, considering my fingerprints were done in January 2008. She said it was possible as both were separate processes :confused:. I then asked her when a case gets assigned to an officer (hoping she would confirm that it was already with an Adjudicating officer)? Instead she said that since TSC was currently processing 6/21/2007 cases, and mine was from 8/2007, it had not been assigned to one yet.

So much for consistency. I see no sense in calling again. I doubt that my name check has even cleared as yet since my fingerprints were done 'after' the supposed name check clearance. Also considering I have had to wait several months when applying for H1-B visa renewals thanks to name checks. It would surprise me if my name check has really cleared.

The wait continues, albiet with some sense of ease especially after my I-140 was approved last week. Just sharing some thoughts :).

Jawad

Boss....

Boss I read your H1 stamping story. What a roller coaster man...no offense but considering the experience you have, I would think having Parole and EAD would give you some relief. I do however believe that if your time is right you should get your approval. I am current, within processing timeframe but I am waiting....

I had called TSC day before yesterday, asking if my name check had cleared. I was told that this information could not be provided at this time, however my case was now in the hands of an Adjudicator. And if my name check has already cleared, it was ready to be adjudicated. I found this hard to believe since my Recieved Date was 8/14/2007 and TSC was currently processing 6/21/2007 cases. Anyway I called them again today to see if I could confirm this information.

Today I was told that my name check cleared on 11/12/2007 which is just 4 weeks after my Notice Date. I asked if name check could clear so soon, considering my fingerprints were done in January 2008. She said it was possible as both were separate processes :confused:. I then asked her when a case gets assigned to an officer (hoping she would confirm that it was already with an Adjudicating officer)? Instead she said that since TSC was currently processing 6/21/2007 cases, and mine was from 8/2007, it had not been assigned to one yet.

So much for consistency. I see no sense in calling again. I doubt that my name check has even cleared as yet since my fingerprints were done 'after' the supposed name check clearance. Also considering I have had to wait several months when applying for H1-B visa renewals thanks to name checks. It would surprise me if my name check has really cleared.

The wait continues, albiet with some sense of ease especially after my I-140 was approved last week. Just sharing some thoughts :).

Jawad