What does it mean when the IIO says the file is with officer??

wasamericandesi

Registered Users (C)
Gurus:

Last few days have been horrible. Even this site (immigrationportal) didn't let me to post. Finally have to register as new user to come back. I used to called as american_desi before.

Anyway, here is quick summary of my case. My I-140 was approved by CSC (01/02). I filed my 485 with TSC as I used to live in Texas (4/02). Moved to Arizona in 11/02. Requested TSC to transfer my case to CSC citing as Arizona comes under CSC juristiction (12/02).

Later had FP(4/03) and 2nd EAD(4/03),and 2nd AP (9/03) from TSC before TSC said the case has been transferred to Tucson,AZ (local office).

Checked with Local office and they said the file is with CSC. I called CSC on attorney's line and IIO said the file is with an officer.

So the question is can I expect some kind of response from CSC when it says the case is with an officer???

Thanks
wasamericandesi now
american_desi (used to be called as)

Immigration portal member formerly known as american_desi,

If you don't hear from CSC in the next 30 days, they probably lied about your papers being with an officer. That kinda lie is not uncommon. So, get a bottle of champagne !! It would help you either way(celebrate or get drunk in sadness).

Good luck!!

dont hold your breath....

cross your fingers..
if your file is really with an officer..you could get an RFE or an approval.
otherwise if it is not with an officer, then it means nothing.

call 2 or 3 times and see if you can get consistent info from different IIOs

Thanks..

I had my Attorney cal INS and she heard the same response. File is with an officer...

Hope some thing comes through...

American_desi
wasamericandesi

wasamerican desi

can you give telephone no. of CSC attorney's line
---------------------------
I called CSC on attorney's line and IIO said the file is with an officer.

What is the attorney's line you are talking about? does that mean attorneys can call CSC directly?

Can you post more info on that...
Thanks and Good luck to you.

I filed my 485 with TSC as I used to live in Texas (4/02). Moved to Arizona in 11/02. Requested TSC to transfer my case to CSC citing as Arizona comes under CSC juristiction (12/02).

I always thought that I485 jurisdiction is determined by the location of the employer and not where the employee is working. Is that incorrect ?

Originally posted by pingpong02
I always thought that I485 jurisdiction is determined by the location of the employer and not where the employee is working. Is that incorrect ?

Its incorrect. I-485 is adjustment of status of employee, employer has nothing to do with it, except for giving an offer. So I guess it depends on where employee lives.

Re: wasamerican desi

Originally posted by Dec02
can you give telephone no. of CSC attorney's line
I called CSC on attorney's line and IIO said the file is with an officer.

I think he just means that he used the attorney's phone to contact CSC. When you are paying through your nose, might as well.....right?:D

Details

Folks:

Just checked my case status online and looks like they have sent an RFE. Let's hope the RFE is light..

Will keep the board informed on the receipt of RFE..

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Details

Folks:

Just checked my case status online and looks like they have sent an RFE. Let's hope the RFE is light..

Will keep the board informed on the receipt of RFE..

Thanks

way to go!! The officer who had your application was fortunately awake!!Don't sit on your RFE-respond ASAP.
Good luck!!