What does fingerprint pending review mean?

johndow

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I both did fingerprint last year. I remembered both of us online status changed several days after FP done, however I never paid attention to what it said.
I just found out that my wife's status reads:
On August 6, 2004, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review.

My status is normal:
On July 7, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

I am wondering anyone has the same online status? What does the FP pending review mean? Thanks in advance for your response.

It means the FBI is still handling the case.Once the FBI is done with your fingerprints check,they send the result to uscis and then,the message move from your wife's message to yours.

It means the FBI is still handling the case.Once the FBI is done with your fingerprints check,they send the result to uscis and then,the message move from your wife's message to yours.

Thanks for your reply, cadel.
How come FBI has not done the study of my wife's FP after more than a year? Should I write letter to NSC or FBI to ask what is going? Thanks for any suggestion.

I think Wantmygcnow would be able to give us a better answer to this .If not,I would suggest you to call the uscis to find out.If you're not satisfied with uscis,call the FBI.

johndow said:
Thanks for your reply, cadel.
How come FBI has not done the study of my wife's FP after more than a year? Should I write letter to NSC or FBI to ask what is going? Thanks for any suggestion.

Johndow, Just because the status is not updated, it does not mean FP's have not been cleared. Last year with massive fingerprinting, many FP results were not correctly updated on the USCIS website and many went on to become Permanent Resident. USCIS doesn't do anything consistently, so they may update online status and may not.

What you can do is to call the FBI(the number is in the sticky on top of the board) and ask them if they sent back the results..if they did you are good.